Sunday, December 5, 2010

December, really?

I'm still in awe that it's already December. I feel like it's still like I don't know, April? Technically the weather in April this year was similar to right now, so why not. Anyway, even though this year has flown by, we're ready for the holiday season and we did a lot of Christmasy and Wintery activities this week to ring in December. I still didn't have my camera, so sorry these are all just BB pictures.

Gingerbread cookie-baking
I've been meaning to make these every year for a long time and never have. They're so yummy and made our whole house smell like Christmas.


I gave Addie her own little bag of frosting so she could decorate her own cookie.
Um, she LOVED that idea....
 
 She used every. last. bit. of frosting. I like her....and no we don't always bake in jammies, but we did that day. (mostly due to the fact that it was 9am because I started our dough at 6:30 the night before and realized it had to sit in the fridge for 2 hours and she'd be asleep by then)
 Addie's masterpiece. Don't you love the bite taken out of the top of its head?
 Don't they look almost too happy to eat? Don't worry, I got over that quickly. Addie thought it was fun later to take some to her little friends in the neighborhood too.

So, um.....I had a bunch of Jed's warm clothes in the laundry that he wore while putting up Christmas lights....and silly me, I didn't check the pockets first.
 So that's what I found in my washing machine. See those broken ones? Any idea where the rest of the broken pieces of glass ended up? Yep, my washing machine....whoops. Still finding glass in there.

SNOW-playing!
 Addie has asked me almost every day to play in the snow, but until this week we didn't have any to play in. She was SO excited. She could have played out there all night if we had let her.
 She loves making "Addie angels"
She even convinced me to make a "mommy angel" which I did, because I was trying to be a cool mom.
Then I tried to get up....oh right, I'm pregnant and can't move now ;)

House-Decorating
Jed put lights up on our house, and they look really cute :)
I just don't have a good picture of them yet. Here's the part I did though.

 Targeted ultrasound/Baby boy face-peeking
 I'm 24 weeks along now (it's going by FAST)
We had our big ultrasound on Thursday. I love the big one because I got to see every bit of him and see that all his organs are there, that he's healthy and growing and right on track.
Oh and a couple 3-D pictures too, which is so cool!
Good job, baby boy.

Friday night out with friends
 Addie and Lucy were excited to bowl!
We've never taken Addie bowling, and it was funny to explain it to her beforehand.
She was convinced we needed to bring all the balls in our house haha.

Why didn't they have those cool ball slide things when I was little?
 Or, heck, I'd use it now if it was socially acceptable
Addie loved it! She was cheering for us all too

We're not pro bowlers, but Laura and I could pretend to be pro bowling ball thieves :)
 actually, I think my belly is bigger than that bowling ball.....
note to self: baggy sweaters make me look even more huge.

Gingerbread Marshmallow Hunt 2010
 I kind of became a stalker of these babies when I saw a recipe online for Rice Krispy Treats made with gingerbread marshmallows. I finally found some on Saturday and I was so excited!
I know, it doesn't take much to excite me. They really are delicious treats though.
Like a RKT, but with a little hint of Christmas.

Oh and I also made these this week. I described them as eating Christmas in a cupcake wrapper.

I love this time of year because we always see lots of friends and family. Well, and the baking aspects of course. Addie and I had a fun play date on Friday with some friends and then tonight we had dinner at a friend's house and got to eat good food, talk and play. We have a lot of other get-togethers and parties planned for this month- bring on the Christmas season!

7 comments:

Lori said...

yay for belly shots! i love seeing your cute preggo-self.

and ps, you forgot to mention that you send me pictures of your baking every day which make me salivate. i'm pretty sure i've gained 10 lbs just from your pictures.

Melissa Rees said...

Baby Dalton is a cutie!!! And I was actually thinking you looked really skinny in that picture :) And I need the recipe for those cookies!!

Netti said...

Oh my gosh, I had NO idea that gingerbread marshmallows existed. I NEED THEM!!! I'm now going to become a stalker of them until I find me some.

PS. CUTE, baby boy. I can't believe you're already 24 weeks!! So exciting!

Megan said...

Oh Utah's hoarding causing problems. Love it. I am so glad you found the mallows. Just sad that I did not get to enjoy any of your baking. In fact. I am still depressed about it....

Amanda said...

You are always making such nummy treats. Your posts always make me drool. I'd better just come make something with you soon so you can see me drool in person. It would be a dream come true I know. ;)

Andrea said...

Okay, obviously I'm a little behind, but I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations! I need to catch up on your blog (on everyone's blogs, actually!). That is so exciting. And seeing those pictures of your gingerbread boys (and Gingerbread RK Treats--what?! I didn't know those existed, but YUM!) made me want to make some tomorrow. I think I shall:).

Janiel said...

Yay! The little guy looks adorable... The ginger bread cookies looks yummy.. and I love Addie cupcake shirt - I would steal it for Brightyn when she out grows it :)