Friday, April 27, 2012

April showers...or uh the opposite.

The past week we've had a few days of summer-like weather and we took advantage of it! Don't worry, now it's rainy and in the mid 50's again. I'm okay with it, it IS April, not June. You hear that, June, you are NOT supposed to be rainy and cold. Warm and sunny please....okay? Let's remember that in 5 weeks. Geez, June is 5 weeks away?! Crazy. Okay I'm rambling. Again. Here are a few shots of some spring time fun captured by my handy dandy, always-on-my-hip, phone.

Park Day
He's already hitting on chicks at the park. Heaven help me...with those eyes and that hair. 

Um, remember how my baby is supposed to be a baby still? Well he doesn't. He wants to be big and tries his darndest to keep up with the big kids. Now that he's walking ALL the time, it's becoming more feasible

Dalton saying "boo" well it sounds more like "bee" 


Addie thought it was fun that Dalton could go down the slide too. He loved it! 
He also LOVES being pushed around outside in the cozy coupe car. I don't have a picture because I was the one pushing him the other day about 20 times up and down our little hill. It was a work out I tell you, but he was so happy and giggled, so it was worth the effort :)

 What, you don't bust out the swimwear in April?
(okay, not you friends who live down south. you wear it in friggin January)
Addie was SO excited to get in her new swimming suit and play outside at Lucy's in the sprinklers and little pool. The water was cold and they didn't really swim, but they had a grand ole time.

Otter pops, water guns, and sunshine. Oh how I look forward to Summer. Addie lives for Summer time. She asks me daily when it's coming and when we can swim, boat and do all things Summer. 


Lucy and Addie love each other's guts. Addie keeps telling me they turned into twins. Okay?


Dalton sportin' the shorts, but it looks like man-pris. He likes to push his 4-wheeler around or sit on it and push the buttons.

Addie also had dance pictures and preschool pictures this week. Crazy that another month it'll be over. 
Their costumes are poodles, for their poodle dance. I'm pretty stoked to see the outcome at the recital, as I have only seen the bits Addie has performed for me. Moms aren't allowed to go in and watch the practices, since 3-4 year olds are easily distracted. Fine by me. That hour was used each week watching Revenge and Downton Abbey while Dalton napped. #winning. 

 Sometimes my kid thinks I'm cool/smart for like 2 minutes or so.
Thanks to an idea I saw on Ourbestbites.com Addie and I made a soap cloud the other night. 
She was entertained for 20 minutes in the shower with that thing. Awesome.
1 bar of Ivory soap, placed on a sheet of wax paper in the microwave for under 2 minutes does THAT!

My boy. Love him.

 I also love strawberries

Aren't they beautiful?

Addie said, "mom let's take a picture with strawberries! Won't that be funny?!"
She obviously sees my taking pictures of food far too often.

Got these babies today and made some jam out of them tonight. 
No worries though, we did consume a pint ourselves. I think Dalton ate half of it. He's become obsessed. If he sees one on the counter he points and screams until you give him one...or two or three. Boy after my own heart. I hope spring has been treating you all well. I can't believe May is almost here! I also can't believe how lame my hair looks in those pictures today...yay for a hair appointment tomorrow!

I'm hoping now that every picture I take on my phone is automatically accessible by blogger I'll blog more often. I feel like I keep posting a billion pictures to twitter, facebook and instagram instead. I like having it all here though. If any of you aren't syncing your photos with google+ on your smartphones, DO IT. Even if you don't share your photos on google+, like me....or the rest of the world. Seriously, poor google +, have they figured out they're just linkin 2.0? Anyway, it's a very cool feature! Especially when your phone is your sole camera for the moment like mine is. Sometimes, I like technology a lot. 

3 comments:

Pieces of Us said...

So cute!
And Downton Abbey? YES Please! I watched the first 2 seasons in like a week. Can we say obsessed? Haha

Melissa Rees said...

Ok, you need to teach me to can!! And we need to do some playdates :)

Megan said...

Mmmm strawberries. Evan demands we have them stocked in the fridge at all times. If he wants some and we don't have any, a very sad boy he becomes. Did I just talk like Yoda? Anna has already requested to be in her swim suit several times. Only I am lame and tell her no. And manpris are better than shorts that are too short any day!!