Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life in the Haven

We're adjusting nicely to our move.... now we're on the west side- heck yeah! I've decided to refer to West Haven simply as "the Haven" or "da Haven". Here are a few pictures of our new place- nothing too exciting-- but here they are .....
Living Room
You'll note that Jed's big TV fits perfectly in the new place AND it was already wired for 5.1 surround sound-- must have been meant to be ;)










Kitchen/Dining Room
I love the granite and having a gas range again. We scored and the fridge was included in the house- sweet!

Addison's Room
I haven't gotten her valance up yet on the window, but other than that it is pretty much done.

Master Bedroom

Our bedroom looks totally boring I know....I haven't really done any decorating in there (unless you include the 40 inch flat screen on the dresser as decor- Jed totally does)

So that's a little tour of the house sans the extra bedroom and garage. It's coming together and we are loving being so close to everything and our family and friends! We went to our new ward last week and it seems like there are actually a few little girls right in our neighborhood close to Addie's age so hopefully she'll have some little friends to play with :)

Now that we're closer to all of our buddies, we've been having some fun this week hanging out with some of them. Monday Addie and I went with our friend Jennie and her kids to go shopping for some decor for her new house. Gotta LOVE shopping for decor (well not as much with 3 kids age 3 and under hahaha) but it was still fun! I had to snap this shot on the way back-- ALL 3 kids out cold!! Now THAT is my idea of zen.... ahhhh...
Friday Addie and I went to lunch with my friend and her little guy- aren't they cute?! Just a month apart. Haha, I liked this picture because Addie's mouth is WIDE open and I'm sure she was talking or being loud (baffling I know) and Maddux is looking like "wow, girls are weird"

This weekend we've been enjoying conference and lounging around a lot with a sick little girl. Jed let me stay in bed a little longer this morning and he and Addie made me some blueberry muffins :) Awww I love them! They're my favorites and I'm sure that Addie was such a big help to her daddy ;)


Gotta love her crazy morning hair....
Below is her cuddling with her daddy tonight before bedtime... poor little sweetie, hopefully she feels better tomorrow!
Sorry for the waaaay long post this time!

14 comments:

Niki said...

So cute I love all the decor, it is so you. I think Brian would defiantly include the tv as decor also. Sorry that Addie is sick again, I bet you can't wait for cold season to be over. Hope you are feeling better too.

mlewrkmn said...

Da Haven is so way cute! Great job on the decorating. I'll have to hire you when I actually get a house. :) I have zero talent in decorating.

Pieces of Us said...

Your house is way cute. Can't wait to see it in person! Now that you are closer let's play!!

Lori said...

your house is darling. totally jealous. are you sure you don't want to fly out to GA when I move and help me? :)

Maria said...

Your place is so cute! Where did you get your bed? That is the exact bed I want and I have looked all over for one. I want one in brown. As soon as I'm done with school I want to get a real bedroom set.

Megan said...

I am loving your house - I am also jealous of the gas stove - we haven't had one since our first place...**sigh** And our living room that we put the TV in isn't wired for surround sound and we have all the stuff since our last place was. You better believe that is on the top of Ross' to do list, but not on mine. LOL.

Janiel said...

Oh I hear you are in Dale (my uncle) ward. He was excited to see you. :)

Melissa Rees said...

Too cute! I love that you're closer. That picture of them all asleep IS HILARIOUS! Gotta love moments like that.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Your house looks way nice. I am impressed you have decor up already. I am still working on that and we have lived in our house for almost 4 years. Looks like Addie and Maddux had fun together. Sorry again I had to bum out. No fun trying to juggle a sick kid and work schedule. We should all get together again. My husband would be jelous of all the big TV too by the way.

Jenny said...

Thanks everyone for thinking my house is cute enough :) Don't tell Jed, but he still has to paint Addie's room ;)

Lori, hey you buy me a ticket and I'm SO in GA with you :)

Maria- we got the bedroom set at RC Willey... not sure if it came in brown or not.

Janiel- yep we're in your uncle's ward- random huh?! It was good to see a familiar face :)

Melissa- no worries with not being able to hang out on Friday, we ended up not doing the museum that day anyway. So let's plan another day for sure. Megan you in too?

Glad that you all are ready to play with us- we're excited to have lots of play dates!!

C and C Young said...

We had fun too! I LOVE your house...I have no home decorating skills--lame.

McBride Family said...

your house looks way cute and i am impressed you have it decorated so fast. good work!

Hillary said...

I love your house! Totally classy. You guys have great taste. I am not going to remind Zac that Jed has a big TV. I won't hear the end of it! You don't have HD, do you??

mph said...

What a beautiful home!!! You are an awesome decorator too!!! I LOVE your countertops.