Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Showers and Flowers!

This weekend I helped throw a bridal shower for one of my favorite cousins, Jeanette. It was a lot of fun and so good to see some of my family who I don't see very often.


The bride-to-be! Isn't she so cute?! Congrats Netti, I'm so excited for you!

I made mini cheesecakes....
We also had yummy lemon and lime squares, brownies and fruit.
We had a lemon/lime theme since those are her colors. It turned out very cute.
Addie had fun since she thinks all parties are for her ;)

Can you tell I'm related to these ladies? ;) My cousins, aunt and I
Today Addie and I played at the Treehouse (our new fave place) for an hour and then a field trip of big kids showed up so I decided we were done there for the day. She still had awhile before lunch and nap time, so we walked across the street and walked through the Ogden Temple grounds. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the temple grounds in springtime!! The flowers were so pretty and it was a perfect day to be out enjoying the sunshine!

Addie was SO happy when I let her get out of the stroller....this girl could run around outside allll day! I tried to get some pictures of her with the flowers....but they were all of the back of her head since she doesn't hold still. Here she is enjoying running around....luckily nobody was around to be bothered. Plus, let's face it, she's pretty cute ;)

I love SPRING....
I love the Temple....

and I LOVE my Addie!

10 comments:

Niki said...

So cute, I too love spring time in UT once it starts to warm up. I love the picture of her running at the temple. You could frame that! Don't get tired of the tree house before we get there we want to play with you guys too.

Pieces of Us said...

Mmmmm...I love all of those things too!!! So we should for sure do Red Mango tomorrow!!!

Netti said...

Thanks so much for helping with my shower!! You are a gem. And those mini-cheesecakes were scrumptious!!! And Addie is so cute, I'm so glad she was there! And you totally look like one of the Harding gals, it's crazy!

I love the temple grounds too! Did you know me and Jesse had our first tiny peck of a kiss right by the Ogden Temple. Oh cute, huh? ha ha. That picture of Addie running by the temple is beyond precious.

PS. Will you email me some pictures from the shower when you get some time? I need to post my own blogger to document it. :)

Melissa Rees said...

I need to check out this Treehouse place! Maybe when Deacon starts walking...

Megan said...

Annabelle is totally an outside girl too - I am just happy that the weather has been cooperating this week so I could let her indulge since it is supposed to end tomorrow - Boo! The shower looks like it turned out great - I want to eat all of that food. And I love that Addie was dressed to coordinate with the colors of the shower as well ;)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I noticed Addie's outfit matched your lemon/lime theme. Too cute! It is so nice to be able to just play outside huh? I love spring flowers. I am jelous you get such good pictures of addie all the time. I need to work on that.

Maria said...

Great pictures! I also love spring flowers. Tulips are my favorite. You need to take me and Melissa to the Red Mango. I'll be in Utah for a couple of weeks in May.

Jenny said...

Haha, ohhh you noticed my child matched the theme...oh and me... yaaaaah I totally have problems! It was slightly unintentional, but still. I'm glad that you all love the pictures of the back of my kid's head- that's all I can ever get cause she's on. the. move!!
Jeanette- I sent you a bunch of shower pics :) oh, and SO cute about the kiss!

Chelsie said...

mmm all that food looks delish!! cooper is loving this weather too, however, it makes me dread the day that winter comes back and readjusting to life indoors all over again

Janiel said...

Oh the Ogden temple is pretty during spring! Great picture in the black and white of the temple and addi!