Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

I'm pretty sure that Addie and I are the luckiest girls ever--look at all the fathers we've got in our life! I'm so glad that Addie is blessed to be surrounded by so many who ADORE her.

Daddy
Grandpa Randy
Papa Steve
Grandpa ReesNot to mention all the great-grandpas, uncles and friends. She's a loved little girl.

So, how did we celebrate Father's Day? Well, let's just say it involved a lot of food, fun and of course loves from Addison.

Per Jed's request, we went to Pat's BBQ for lunch with my dad and Bryan yesterday. The guys all loved the food, especially the ribs. Here's me trying to hang with the guys and eat a rib like a dude and not with a fork and knife like I generally do.

Addie is so cute with Bryan and she kept giving him loves. He came along with us after lunch to the Gateway, where we walked through the Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival. It was fun to see all the cool drawings and Addie had a ball being able to be outside and dance to the music.
"Oh it's Tinkerbell!"

I spent the evening baking up some treats for the dads in my life. We got to relax this morning and then later we visited Danny, where we helped him eat some of the (best I've ever made!) Red Velvet cake. Then it was off to Steve's for a BBQ with Jed's family. Yep, more food, including another dessert I'd made, a Pistachio torte. It was a dessert-and-fun-filled day!

I sure love these two! Jed's the best daddy I could ever hoped to have for my sweet little girl. I'm so blessed to have him.


On another note, my thoughts have been turned several times today to loved ones of mine who have lost their father or husband. Days like this are bittersweet and my heart goes out to those who feel this loss.

9 comments:

Chelsie said...

daddy's rule..i love it. ah boys and their bbq. have you guys ever tried texas pride up in huntsville? brandon dreams about it. mmm all of your desserts sound so delish...now where are the pics for me to drool over?

Amanda said...

So cute! Glad you had a great time!

Melissa Rees said...

She's a doll! I love your pj's in the other post. Where did you get them? I finally joined a gym, so I hope to be swimsuit ready soon!

Jenny said...

I got those at victorias secret Melissa. That's MY idea of sleepwear ;) that's fun you joined a gym- which one?

Netti said...

Pistachio torte?!?! Can I please hire you as my personal chef? I could seriously use some of your skills!

Janiel said...

What a fun weekend - And those ribs look yummy!!

Megan said...

Sounds like a great day....err two days? I love the picture of you eating the ribs. Mostly because of the way Jed is looking at you. Haha.

cidnym said...

What fun! Looks like Jed and family had a really fun filled father's day!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

I've heard Pat's BBQ is amazing! I'll bet my hubby would love it. Glad you guys had a great Father's Day and I'm with ya on loving this warm weather...finally!