Thursday, June 24, 2010

oh, that's right...

The following took place while riding in the car today.

Addie started talking. Then didn't stop. This isn't a rare occurrence....

She said "oh, look what I colored mommy!" I replied "good job baby, maybe you can show Grammy."

"Yes. I'll show Grammy Rees what I made. And we'll see her. And she'll give me loves and 'nother loves and a kiss and kisses...Oh look over there! Horses!! Oh I see them! They're over there. There's looots of animals. I see them. We should play outside today...or maybe we can put my swimming suit on and go swimming!...I need some lunch first."

I started thinking to myself holy cow this girl can ramble and just keep talking! Before I could complete this thought, my brain flashed back to a scene of Monday evening. Jed and I were at the gym and had just gotten done. As I got off the elliptical machine, Jed mentioned how hot it was in there tonight.

My reply:
"It's like a thousand degrees in here I swear.....Wow, as soon as you get off the machine it feels ten degrees cooler, that's weird. I think it's hotter back here than on the other machines, but I do think it's a better workout....I still can't decide what's helping my back and what's making it worse though. You know, my dad said his bike helps his back...maybe RPM class really is better."

Jed started laughing to himself and I gave him a huh? look and he just said "I love you"...that was followed by another huh? look. "You talk a lot." I hadn't even noticed that I'd been talking for over a minute straight.


So flash back to the car today....as soon as I recalled that event I thought Oh, that's right....It's no mystery where she gets it from.

So, um basically....I have no room to talk. No pun intended ;)

6 comments:

10zfam said...

lol-too funny. i had fun yesterday. thanks for putting that all together-you're great

McBride Family said...

LOVE IT!

Lori said...

YOU? a talker?? naaaaah. ;)

Janiel said...

LOL!!

Hey what happened with 'the girl'? Has addie talked about her any more? I keep looking on her page to see if you have updated it. :)

Jenny said...

Janiel, I just barely updated that on Addie's- but she still talks about the girl ALL the time! Not scared in the middle of the night anymore thankfully, but jusyt talks about her like she's there. Kind of creepy/random. We think it may be her imagination rather than a dream. She'll say, she's right over there. Then when we ask where, she says, oh she's in my dream- she's not real. Sooo I am not sure what to do with that :)

Megan said...

Boy can I relate to this post LOUD AND CLEAR. Haha. Ross wonders what he got himself into with both Anna and I sometimes, but I know he loves it ;) It was so good to see you last week. We had such fun!