Saturday, September 25, 2010

Okay, now summer can be over :)

All summer long we've talked about taking Addie camping up to Anderson Cove. We went last year the day before Labor Day weekend and she LOVED it. Well summer came and went, as did Labor Day....so we decided last week we'd better hurry up and get our campin' on!! It was a PERFECT weekend for it. Gorgeous weather, empty beaches and my two favorite people.

We went up Thursday night and set up the tent and stuff. Then we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, in true camping fashion. Addie slept good and comfy and warm all night....Jed and I however FROZE.

Our happy camper having some breakfast

Someone, meaning me, forgot matches and salt and pepper. Luckily we found a lighter and also some hairspray in my car :) and some nice old people hooked me up with salt and pepper. Whew, tragedy averted. Hey, I DID bring freshly made blueberry muffins and stocked the cooler nicely. I even had our condiments well organized....does that count?

 Pineview is GORGEOUS in the mornings. Perfectly still water.

We decided to take a little hike and take in the beauty of fall beginning in the mountains


My poor child inherited my grace and coordination. You should have seen her poor legs afterwards from taking so many little trips and bumps along the way.

We went back to the campsite and packed up some lunch and headed to the beach for a picnic
 Ahh....it was heavenly
 Thank you dollar bin at Target....my kid could play for an entire week straight with a shovel and pail. She spent two hours straight in her own little world. She'd take a shovel full of sand, dump it into the water, then take a shovel full of water and dump it on the sand. Very Zen I'm sure.


 Daddy jumped in and showed her that we can actually swim in the lake.
 She was hilarious. Totally in her own world, singing songs and acting out things from shows and stories. Everything from being Alpha Pig from Super Why to this
 That's her being Ariel....and yes she was singing "aaah aaah aaaah" :)

Later, Jed even got an amazing ski run in. The water was glass and the lake was pretty empty.
Perfection.

Too bad Addie totally crashed in my arms on the boat and missed seeing daddy ski.
She loves watching him ski and will say "Daddy is amazing!!"

We're ready to fully embrace fall now! We ended the weekend with a swim at grandma and grandpa Rees's house and then went up to the Weller's and made s'mores. Great way to end the summer!

7 comments:

Netti said...

How fun!! I haven't been to Pineview in forever, so pretty! Addie is the cutest little camper I've ever seen in all my days.

Me and Jesse are ending our summer with a river trip/camping trip next week, should be fun...and cold!

Melissa Rees said...

I love the sand in the bucket story! She's a cutie!!

Megan said...

How cute that she still will fall asleep in your arms!? I don't think Anna has done that since she was 6 months! lol. And her impersonating Ariel is the coolest thing. EVER. I totally did that when I was in the bath tub (when I was little! Geesh!) but the beach is much more realistic ;)

Now if we could just figure out a way to make Fall stay until Spring....

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

How fun! Glad you finally made it camping. You're a trooper, though, to be camping in your 'condition'! :) Addie cracks me up--the Ariel thing is hilarious!!

Maria said...

Eww, camping! Not my favorite thing to do. Glad you had fun!

Lori said...

looks like such a fun camping trip! yay for camping, yay for boats!

Chelsie said...

ah i love her in her own little world . she is too cute. love the pic with the sun flares in it...fabulous!