Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2 months old...and other May happenings

Dalton turned 2 months yesterday....he's getting so big already! I took him to the doctor and he weighs 13lbs- 80th%! Big boy. He's such a smiley sweet baby. He is doing SO much better. It's been quite the roller coaster the past 2 months trying to figure out how to make him feel good and be happy. First we realized he had Reflux and he's been on Prevacid to help alleviate that. He still was having some problems though. After trying everything from only nursing, to mixing formula and breast milk to straight formula, we finally have this baby figured out. Consensus is that he just can't tolerate breast milk, like not at all. Our Pediatrician said it sounds like he's got an allergy to something either in the milk supply, such as wheat or eggs, or the protein in the milk itself. So, here's hoping when we start him on solids he does okay and doesn't have food allergies.
We're just glad that our boy is content and healthy. Oh, and very cute :)

Addie "graduated" from preschool.....I say "graduated" because technically she's got two more years of it, so we're not really going anywhere. She has LOVED preschool and she's excited to go back in the fall.


They sang some very cute little songs and it was fun to see what they've been learning this year. I have to admit I almost cried seeing my little girl up there like a big kid. Wow, where does time go.

 I swear I've blinked from when she was as little as Dalton is



 Park Playing!
We've had I think 3 days where it didn't rain this month....those were spent playing at the park as much as possible! We went with Tristan and Whit one day....actually come to think of it, it did rain that day after we left. Tristan is so cute and getting big enough to run after Addie. It's so fun to watch them play. They're buds.

Whoa...when did my kid go from toddler on the playground to a kid? She looks SO big.


Saturday, Whit and Chris were moving, so I took Addie and Tristan again to play. It was so nice out! Oh how I wish we could have a few more of these days....I know this rain will eventually stop and then it'll be 90 degrees outside and too hot for park playing.
 Both kids LOVE the swings!


We went to the park one day with Lucy too. I love this picture of them drinking their Capri Suns and having some sort of girl talk....they say the funniest things to each other. I was out of earshot this time, so I'll just have to imagine what topics were discussed. They also spent a half hour locking each other in a tower there. Funny little imaginations.

 Getting crafty/frugal 
Addie ripped a hole in the knees of some pants, so I turned them and another pair of jeans into Bermuda shorts. Not too shabby for never sewing any clothes before :)

Addie has an obsession with playing with pins (Scary)
She was "helping" me with her jeans.

I also made these last night for Dalton just for fun.

Although I don't think this chubby boy even needs clothes to be cute
 
Notice how blonde his hair is already turning- my children refuse to keep my hair color it would seem.

 Did I mention it rained a little?

Can't wait for summer! BBQ's, swimming, fireworks, and boating....all around the corner! 

5 comments:

10zfam said...

great job on the bermudas, i need to do that to a few of my girls' pants. can't believe how big both your kids are getting- time goes by too fast

Melissa Rees said...

He's so smiley!! To bad about the breastmilk. Hopefully he doesn't have any more allergies!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Cute pics! I can't believe Dalton is 2 months already. Cute, chubby boy! I love Addie's face in the first preschool photo. :) I have my fingers crossed for good weather, too, so here's to hoping!

McBride Family said...

dalton is so chubbily adorable - i love it, and i can't believe how long addie's hair is looking! glad you figured out the milk situation - there is almost nothing worse than an unhappy baby.

Megan said...

Dalton is so dang cute! So is Addie ;) It was so good to see you last night. Hopefully we can play next week as well!