Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a busy Mother's Day weekend full of family and fun....but first I have to share a few of the cute pictures that my friend Amanda took of Dalton a few weeks ago. He wasn't very cooperative but we were able to get some good shots.






Love that sweet boy :) Thanks again, Amanda!



 Addie's Preschool Mother's Day Program/Picnic

We had a cute little Mother's Day picnic with Addie's preschool. It was fun and the kids were darling. They sang some songs and gave us presents they made for us. I loved it. 
Today is her last day....I'm not sure how either of us is going to make it all summer without preschool. 


A lovely wedding day!
Congrats to Rhett and Alexis! Saturday we had the opportunity to see them get married and spend some time at the beautiful Salt Lake Temple. There were SO many weddings there....it was like parade of the brides or something. They all picked a perfect day though, the weather was gorgeous! Jed and I love when we get to spend time with his siblings, and it was a great way to spend the day with them. 

Blake, Kacey, Emmett and Dalton (um, doesn't he look like he's 3 or 4 months old?! He's not)

Whit, Ash, Me and Kacey -still holding baby Dalton, she must like him :)

Adorable Mia- Rhett's wedding day was also her 2nd birthday!

Me and my baby boy

Ash and Ian- did I mention they moved to Utah from Rock Springs? LOVING that. 



I did some crafting and baking too.....no wonder I was so tired Sunday night. Not as tired as I would have been without the BEST Mother's Day gift EVER that Jed gave me... 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!!
Since Dalton was born I haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time at night, so it was VERY much appreciated. He even made me wear ear plugs, took the baby monitor and slept on the couch so I'd be completely undisturbed by him getting up with the baby. Have I mentioned that I like him? I do. A lot.


Mother's Day

We spent the day having brunch with Jed's family and then visiting my mom.
It was fun seeing everyone and spending time with my own little family. 

 Even though motherhood is exhausting, I LOVE being a mom and wouldn't trade my two beautiful babies for anything....especially when you get fun perks like this one
Gotta love a sweet baby smile! 

I'm so grateful for the moms in my life and that I've been blessed to be a mom myself. 

4 comments:

Megan said...

Love the baby pictures - they are so cute. Though I would have the say that the last picture of the little man on your post is my favorite! Also, I am really craving those PB tarts now. Seriously. Fabulous.

Netti said...

Dalton is such a darling chunk. He melts my heart. Love those pictures! And what a perfect and cute Mothers Day present from Jed, I love that!!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Very cute photos! I love the B&W one of Dalton sleeping. What a great Mother's Day gift--glad you were able to get some sleep!

Lori said...

awww he's such a cutie, well they both are. i'm excited to see you soon and FINALLY meet baby dalton!