Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wake me up when September...oh wait, it's over?

Well another month has come and gone and I kinda still am not doing so great with blogging. Remember how I said I'll blog July sometime? Sorry, just join instagram or facebook okay :)

Brigham City Temple open house adventure, Take 1.
 Cute cousins playing with Ashley waiting for the bus...we had no idea what we were in for.
Somehow, inexplicably, we went on the most crowded day and time and what we'd planned to take an hour total, took like 3. Needless to say, between it being past Dalton's lunch and nap time BEFORE we even got in, Dalton and I DIDN'T get to go in. He was done. I was sad. Let's not relive it again... 

This girl, however, was sooo excited and was an angel.
When I had to bail seconds before walking into the temple, she just took Ash's hand and went through with her and Kacey. She did great. I was very sad to not watch her see it all, but grateful she had aunties to go with so she didn't miss out.

 Preschool started!

And I attempted to make Bakerella's pencil push pops...it was kind of a fail, but whatever, kids don't care right? That's what I'm saying..


Addie ADORES her teacher. 

I can't believe how much bigger she looks here than her first day as a 3 year old.
She loves school and I'm so glad. I've never had to fight her to go, ever!

Dalton and I went to the park and played on her first day. I felt guilty taking his favorite friend away.

 
She wanted to pose again the following day. She made me braid her hair the night before to sleep on them so her hair would be curly for preschool. Such a girl! 

Mmm....fig prosciutto arugula pizza....I don't even know why that's on here, but it is and it's delicious.

In, non good food news, I took Addie to McDonald's for a happy meal after the first week of preschool was over. I was so proud of what a big girl she'd been.

 Holy masses of cupcakes...

I baked and packaged like 90 cupcakes for a boutique. Then vowed to never do it again :)


Peach Days
This was the view behind me at the parade. Not too shabby eh??

I took the kids because I felt guilty for neglecting them for two days straight while baking :)

My phone died right when we walked down to the carnival, so I couldn't take any pictures of the kids doing rides and such. Lame. It was fun though! Addie wanted a treat, and I rejected spending $5 for cotton candy, so we went to idle isle for chocolates instead. She didn't argue there.

Temple open house, Take 2. Sans kids. Perfection.
Thanks for coming with me Whit!

Dalton, in his jammies, on his sister's bike. He found it hilariously awesome.

Oh, and I attended a SYTYCD party. I brought gooey butter cake. 

 Last swim evening of the summer at Grammy's house
Dalton prefers to just roll stuff around the patio...and tries to make them roll into the pool

This girl is a fish and would swim til this pool froze all the way through! She cried when I told her fall was starting. Sad...I love her love of summer.

That swim was followed by a bath in Grammy's big tub. I wanted to boot them out and take it over.

 Preschool Field Trip  to Carver's Cove
Somehow I didn't know this place existed, and I drove by it daily when I lived in Eden. 
It was a lot of fun for the kids!

Dalton LOVED riding the tractors!



Addie and some preschool friends

 Had some skype time with Lori and Reagan. Reagan is showing Addie her new watch. They were funny.
Last week, Addie told my mom randomly, "Grammy, did you know that Reagan lives so far that it's on the other side of this country?? And you have to take a plane there. And even if you do, you still wouldn't be there before dinner time...and guess what? It's already lunch time at her house! Isn't that crazy?!" Lori, you'll laugh because this conversation probably sounds familiar :)

Tristan's 3rd Birthday. Batman style.
I made some cake pops, even though I've previously sworn them off. 

Kacey made a cute cake!



We partied at Ashley's hotel, which was awesome. If you ever want to know how to entertain kids indoors, just get a half ballroom, some balloons, and let them go nuts. It helps if you've got a papa willing to give horse rides.




We love our buddy Tristan!

 Some preschool party treats
 Thanks, our best bites. These were so easy and cute!


 Some City Creek-ing



 Some duck feeding with grandpa


That about wraps up our September...onto October, one of my favorite months of the year!

0 comments: