Saturday, October 13, 2012

Why my husband is the best one

Well, there are lots of reasons, but this groups of emails shows his awesome dedication to making sure he made my birthday special. Obviously I didn't receive these emails, but I made sure to get my hands on them after I was told repeatedly about them at my surprise party last night.Yes, that's right. In case you missed the schmoopy facebook post, Jed threw me an amazing party, with the help of some other people who I love to pieces. So, I had to share these entertaining messages :) Hope he doesn't mind! I took snippets, but there are even more than these...he's THE BEST.

INITIAL EMAIL:
Y'all all may or may not know the our friend, daughter, cousin, niece, or only in may case (I think), Wife is turning 30 next week.. The fact is, that we have never done an honest to goodness birthday party for her during the whole 10 years we have been married, so I want to do this one right...THIS IS A SURPRISE PARTY. This party will happen on Friday, October 12 at Marilyn and Danny's house 4902 Burch Creek Hollow Ogden, UT 84403-4131. I want this party to contain all of her favorite things, Friends, Family, Food, Kids, Food, Me, Talking, Food, Talking, Food, and Food.. The first shot I need from everyone that reads this this email is who is planning on attending . THIS IS A SURPRISE PARTY. Those that respond with "I will be attending and will be bringing x number of people will receive a follow up email with your food assignment.. I want to do soups and treats, so we will work that out once I get a final count.. I realize that many of you have abandoned us and are living outside of striking distance for this event.. She still loves you (albeit a bit less, what with the abandoning and all :) ) For you guys, the consolation prize will be the option to attend, at least for the "SURPRISE!!!!" through a web cam, We'll use a GOOGLE+ (yes, I think that is still a thing) hangout session and broadcast the feed onto a very large screen..

Here is the rundown of stuff I need y'all to do ASAP

1. Let me know if you are coming and how many humans(including tiny humans) will be in your entourage. I will cut off the RSVP and make food assignments on Wednesday 10/9.
2. Get me your webcam/ipad/mobile phone clip by Monday 10/8.. I would encourage everyone to do this in a very well lit room. A sunlit room is very best, and outdoors in relative shade works great too.. failure to do this tends to produce a dark and grainy image that is not suitable for wising your favorite friend a Happy Birthday!
 
Jed (soon to be with your help "BEST HUSBAND EVER"
 
FOLLOW UP:
(this was his reply when Ashley sent him an idea from my pinterest board for a party theme. I giggled)
 
"oh my good grab!!! I love it."
and some pestering my loved ones....
 
I guess there is some confusion on the video clips I asked for.. I would ideally like one from everybody on this list, not just those who live out range or who cannot attend.. if you can, please get me those as quickly as possible.. Again, just use your smartphone/tablet. Just be sure there is plenty of light..

Thanks again for helping me make this special for her.
 


FINAL EMAIL:
We're in the final stages here, so I thought I would lay down some final instructions for everyone to follow so we can try and avoid the usual "Surprise!!!" pitfalls.. Let's face it, nobody wants to be "those people" :)
1. please try and park on the street and down the street from Marilyn's house and stay withing the marked "red zone" on the map below
 
2. If you are unsure of how to get to the house, please study this map beforehand, so your arrival time is not buttonhooked because you had to navigate the depths of Birch Creek without a guide. It can be tricky.
 
3. Jenny, the Kids, and I will be arriving at or about. 6:30, so it is important that you give yourself plenty of time to park, transport your goodies and or tiny humans into the basement, and have Ashley help you with where to put your food assignment. Ashley is running the ground game on this one, so she's gonna be a little wired, but don't be afraid/offended.. I've put a moratorium on the severing of pinkies (for this night anyway), so she's harmless..
 
4. Please respond to this email with a "good to go" if you are indeed good to go with your previously committed attendance and assignment..
 
Thanks!!! This is going to be off the chizza!!......It better be, or my butt is grizza!
 
(And YES, he really did include a map of these so called "red zone")
 
Isn't he awesome?! I kinda wanna throw him a "you're the best husband and party thrower ever, party" :) I love that he signed the first email, soon to be best husband ever...truth is, he already was. He knows me so well and knows how important my family and friends are to me. He knew sharing my birthday with these people would make it special, and IT DID. I'll post pictures and such of the party, but I just wanted to let the world and Jed know how much I love and appreciate what he did. It could have been a box of pizza and carton of ice cream at this party and I still would have loved that he made an effort to do it for me, but wait til you see what he/my peeps did. THEY ROCK!!! Love ya'll!
 
PS- This guy not only stalked my pinterest boards. He even made a trip to hobby lobby alone!! That's love and dedication right there.
 

0 comments: