Friday, March 27, 2009

Addison

It's been awhile since I've posted some Addie updates. This girl is learning new things every. single. day it seems! She is starting to talk so much and is repeating a lot more sounds and words that she's hears. (this would be the time to make sure we're not saying naughty things!)

She says a lot of new words...
Addie- at any mirror or picture of herself and often times other babies. She also says this when we say it as in "Addie, no no" she'll just reply "Addie" in the same tone and continue to menace...we're working on that one.
Cheese- she walks over the the fridge after her afternoon nap and demands cheese
Grape- she LOVES them, also part of her afternoon snack usually
Whale- her favorite bath toy
Dude- Aunt Ashley taught her this one. Hilarious
Chair- she's obsessed now...mostly because she wants to climb onto them
Bed- same thing....climbing, being wild and crazy....kind of a pattern here
Car and Go- she knows when we're leaving and sometimes wants to when we aren't
Good girl- She says this because we've said it to her a lot...haha only she normally says it when she's getting into stuff that she shouldn't.
BALL- This girl is obsessed with anything even resembling a ball. She says it at anything round or a circle....heehee even polka dots on her jammies :)
Shoes- usually when she wants to leave or if we happen to be in a shoe store... not too often ;)
She randomly says Poopoo or bumbum too....normally with a diaper in her hand... LOL! There are other words too but I can't think of them all.
She also says Papa, Grammy, Whitty, Aah (for Ash), and Kacey and of course Mom and Daddy. Oh and Willie the dog. She calls all dogs Willie now. She says the family member's names when she sees their pictures or in person. Very fun and cute!
She makes a lot of animal noises and it is funny. Ever since she learned the monkey sound, she pretty much always says that sound first no matter what. She'll quack, woof, and hoot like an owl and oink like a pig.
Addison has decided that the best toys are STILL not toys and LOVES to empty drawers and get into everything and anything that she can. I'm tying to figure out how to avoid this. We can only baby proof so much! This girl is just too smart and too busy. Luckily she's a lot of fun and pretty cute so we let a lot of her "menacing" slide.
She has taken over my blackberry right now and is dancing to the music on it as I'm writing this. She loves phones and puts them up to her ear and will say "daddy" or "papa" or "grammy" :)
She's gone from taking steps a couple of months ago to now running! She is so full of energy and never stops- she is full of it. We have so much fun with our wild and crazy little girl! I can't believe how quickly she went from a baby to a toddler....it is unreal. Somedays I feel like she's a 2 or 3 year old. I keep telling her to stay little for me awhile longer.....don't think she will though.... sniff sniff. We love you to pieces Addie!

6 comments:

Netti said...

Oh! This is so cute! My favorite is that she says "Good Girl" when she's getting into stuff. ha ha ha. That cracks me up! This is such a fun age! You absolutely MUST bring her with you to the family shower, I need to see her cuteness in person!

Niki said...

So cute it is nice to finally have some Addie updates. Really it is amazing how fast they grow up, it really is overnight. Just the other day I was saying how all of the sudden Lizzie went from a toddler to a little girl. Everyday she says something that I have to stop and say did you just say that. It amazes me how smart they really are.

Megan said...

I love that first picture - so stylin' This age is so fun when you really see them starting to develope their own personalities and what not. I like that she says 'good girl' when she is getting into stuff - she knows how to play her cards right ;)

Melissa Rees said...

K I seriously think it's been months since I've seen you! Addie is so cute! Give her kisses from me. Are you loving the house? Can't wait to see it!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I love watching them learn all these things. She sounds like quite the talker. I love the picture of her in your sunglasses. Too cute!

Marilyn said...

She looks very hot in her Grammy Rees glasses!!! I know her favorite word is Grammy though!!!
Love that little sweetie!!!