Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I like to move it move it!

Okay, really moving sucks and isn't much fun at all.....hence my absence of posting anything for over a week. I've been packing, packing and then unpacking, unpacking and MORE unpacking!! Our new place is mostly put together now and we're excited. I have most of my decor up already and I'm just stalling with unpacking the last few boxes that include a bunch of random stuff that I don't know what to do with yet.


The move went really smooth. Shout out to Blake and Van and Terry for helping and some Elder's Quorom peeps from the Wolf Creek Ward. They loaded and unloaded everything quick and it was awesome to have the help- THANK YOU ALL!! Also, I have to thank all of my helpers who helped with the more delicate processes....such as moving the fragile items, clothes and decor and helping me put it all away! Mom, Laurie, Ash and Kacey you rock! Thanks Lori for brining us all pizza too :) If I've left anyone out...I apologize and please know I'm sleepy.... I feel like this is an acceptance speech hee hee..

Addie was a great helper...ish. She actually tolerated packing/unpacking things pretty well. She liked to take things out of cupboards for me so that I could box them up. Hey, it worked! She's funny. This girl has become a full blown toddler and is getting a little attitude. She's lots of fun and make me laugh everyday with the funny things she does or tries to say. I hope that the tantrum-throwing will be easier to deal with when she's older and I can have a conversation with her. For now, we're doing our best to be patient with this on-the-go little one.

Check her out at Home Depot...She is not just walking, but running down the aisle! Jed won't make the mistake of letting her out of the cart "for a minute" anytime soon. Oh and by the way, in case any of you don't know, you can't let a toddler do anything for "just a minute"....


She's been so lucky this weekend too! While us chumps moved everything, she got to play at Grammy Dawn's house and g0t spoiled rotten I'm sure :) We are SO blessed to have so much awesome family around us to always help out!

I'll post some pictures of our new place soon if people really want to see it. Jed just said to me as I was writing this that this place feels like home now :) Probably has something to do with the fact that it now smells like freshed baked banana bread mmmm, and that we're watching TV while I blog/BB and he plays with his iPod....I know, we're such party animals!

11 comments:

C and C Young said...

I'm glad you got things packed and moved!!! I'm also glad that addie enjoys home depot---someone should.

Ross said...

Yeah for a smooth move and helping friends and family. I am excited to see pictures and I am way impressed you already have it unpacked and decorated. It did kind of sound like an acceptance speech, but I liked it.

By the way, this is Megan and I am too lazy to log out of my husbands account. Yeeaaaah...

Jeff and Erin said...

Glad that you got all moved and in your new house. I agree, moving really stinks!
This is very random...I've never seen your dad before, just pics of him on your blog but I flew into Utah on the 7th and while I was waiting for my dad i swear I saw your dad! I just saw him and thought that looks just like Jenny's dad, random huh!

Lori said...

haha. i liked your acceptance speech. i was included...yessssss. i really need to come see your cute place, yes yes i do, friend!!!! i'm glad that the reinstitution of the internet helps you feel more at home. ;) hee hee.

Chelsie said...

i'm impressed that you're all unpacked and decor is up!! i swear it takes me forever to unpack everything. i'm excited to see pics!

Netti said...

Oh yes!! Please do post pictures of the new place! I would love to see it! I'm glad the move went so smoothly!

Niki said...

Yeah for being almost done, I am already dreading my next move because I will have another one to manage and no family around. We defiantly need pics I saw it before you moved but I need an after shot. Good tv and internet always makes a happy home, haha.

Melissa Rees said...

Terry was glad to help! He says your place is adorable!

Kathleen Mangum said...

I wish my decor was up. I've lived in this house for almost 3 years and just barely hung pictures in our huge stairwell. Happy moving.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Glad your move went well. Pleae post pictures. I want to see. I think you live closer to me now. I love Addie running through Home Depot....too cute! Good luck with finding a place for everything else.

Jenny said...

Cassi- home depot is no fun unless you're one lol

Megan- I was quite confused, you're funny...somehow jed figured out "ross" before i did before i read the whole thing....go figure huh??

Erin- my dad was probably in the airport...he travels a lot. although when I asked him, he claims it was probably George Clooney LOL! Riiight dad ;)

Melissa- I would LOVE to hear Terry use the word "adorable" ;)

Okay everyone, I'll post pics...just let me clean first....