Sunday, October 18, 2009

Socializing and Sick days

I hate being sick I've decided. I get SO behind on everything! What's worse is having a sick kid who won't let you out of her sight and cries when you go to the bathroom. Yep it's been that kind of week. My house is a disaster, I'm behind with work and WORST of all- I'm behind on my blogging! So here's the short of everything I've needed to blog for over a week now. See? I'm sparing you. It could be MUCH longer :)

First off, I had a fabulous birthday Monday and want to thank all of you for the birthday wishes! Luckily the plague didn't hit our house till the next morning. Oh boy did it! Addie is still sick, I got it a day after her and Jed now has it too. Bleh.

Anyway, Here's what we did before we were all SICK.

My little punkin


Plethora of Playdates

We went over to Amanda's house to play with her and Max, but I didn't take any pictures. Lame. We baked cookies so I was distracted.



The next morning we had a cyber play date. Yep that's right, we're high tech.

Not a great picture, but there's Reagan saying "Hi" to me and Addie. It was fun to chat for a few minutes and see the girls' reactions to seeing each other on the computer.


The next day, Niki, Lizzie and Charlotte came over and we made some Halloween- esque cupcakes. Just some simple ones, not too fancy, but fun.


We let the girls decorate their own cupcake, which consisted of them eating frosting and Addie jabbing her cupcake with a Popsicle stick.





On Monday we went to the treehouse with my sister in laws, Melissa and Tammy and their boys Deacon and Beckam. It was fun, but I forgot to take pictures. Again. Blast. I did manage to snap this on my phone of Beckam and Addie holding hands walking together. PRECIOUS.


Our Sunday today consisted of all of us still being sick, then trying to pretend we weren't so we could get family pictures taken later with my mom and our family.
Addie reading the morning paper with daddy in her curlers. Man I wish I looked half as cute as she does in the morning.

Proof that Addie did smile during pictures, because I'm pretty sure she didn't in ANY of them. She wasn't a happy girl. I feel bad she's still sick. Poor sweetie.


Giving uncle Chad some loves.


Addie is obsessed with this inflatable spider in my mom's neighbors' yard. She looks out the window at it all the time and was excited to show it to cousin Beckam today. So funny and random.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Sickness is no fun. It stinks, but it is by far the worse when you are a mommy. Sounds like you still had lots of fun though. I wish that we lived closer so we could just bake every week together. lol. Your cup cakes look way cute..and so does Addie in her curlers. How come little kids look cute in that kind of stuff? Hope you guys start feeling better so we can play! :)

Lori said...

we had such a good time webchatting . :)

my poor sickie friends. i wish i could do more. what a pfffftt week. sending you big cyber hugs.

Netti said...

I freaking hate being sick too!! I'm sorry you guys got hit hard this week.:( Major boo!!

Those cupcakes seriously look scrumptious. I want one please.

I'm excited to see your family pictures, love your cute family! You must post them when you get a hold of them.:)

Feel better soon!

cidnym said...

Can Eden and I come up next time you have a baking party??? Oh, and when you're well. Looks like you survived the nasty sickness well and still had a fun week.

Jenny said...

Come play with us anytime Cid!

Oh and I didn't make it very clear that all these playdates were BEFORE we were all infected with the plague. We're not into spreading the wealth so to speak ;)

Chelsie said...

ah i'm so sorry that you're sick! i hope you guys get feeling better soon. i love all the pics though. you are always doing such fun things with your little girl!