Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cold, Cuddles and Conference

This week got COLD for a couple of days. I was okay with it being rainy and cold all day on Wednesday because it meant staying inside and getting to cuddle with this cute little guy.

Addie and I hung out at Grammy Dawn's house since it was her day off and Whit and Tristan came up so we could help her (okay, really she's doing good and didn't need much help, but we all wanted to play with him)


Addie saying "Hi baby!" She likes to give baby Tristan loves and she's been really good at being soft with him. Sweet little cousins :)



Couldn't you cuddle this sweet little guy ALL day?! So I'm totally down with cold weather if it means that I get newborn cuddles. Also, I got to put Addie in cute new fall clothes AND snuggly feet sleeper jammies :) Oh how I heart those jammies. Sooo soft and snuggly. She's been getting some teeth the past couple of days too, so she's been more cuddly than usual.
Today, for conference I decided to make cinnamon rolls. My mom makes these almost every general conference and they just go so well with the cooler fall weather. I decided that I'd attempt them myself this morning, with the help of this cute little helper in her monkey sleeper.

She loved that she was "helping" and loved tasting them as we made them. It made me happy to do something with my little daughter that I've done with my mom as long as I can remember.
They turned out pretty good too!
I love general conference and feel so uplifted by the messages we got from our prophet and apostles. It was very cute to hear Addie try and say Monson and Uchtdorf too ;) She wasn't too thrilled about the fact that for 2 hours this morning she got the boot from watching any of "her" shows. When she heard the choir start to sing in the middle of it, she ran over to the TV and said "Allll done, all done! Ober" Nice try Addie, nice try......

I'm thankful I had the chance to watch conference today and will again tomorrow. I'm also very excited about the announcement of a temple in Brigham City!! That's awesome. We didn't make it to the open houses for the last two with Addie so I am looking forward to taking my little child to see the temple once its built. Yay for temples!

8 comments:

Maria said...

It's been cold and rainy here all weekend too! Except I don't have homemade cinnamon rolls to get me through it. :(

That's so cute that Addie helped you with baking. What a great tradition to continue with her.

Chelsie said...

mmm those cinnamon rolls look amazing!! so good! i love that she asked if it was ober all done...so cute!

Marilyn said...

What is it about moms! I saw your picture of you and Addie making cinnamon rolls and my mind went back to years gone by when I was doing that with you. My eyes instantly feeled up with tears. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago when you were the little one. Thanks for keeping the "Conference Cinnamon rolls" tradition alive. They look yummy!
Love Mom

Melissa Rees said...

Me wantey some cinnamon rolls!! Wish I knew how to cook, or had the desire to...

Megan said...

Anna was pretty upset about the TV boot as well. I am thinking next conference you can invite us over so that I can partake of those cinnamon rolls as well. Mmmmm. I love the fall - I just wish Winter wasn't looming so closely behind.

Lori said...

oh those rolls look good. i think i've lost 5 lbs just from not being around your amazing desserts. mmmm. can't wait for all your creations in december!

super duper cute addie, as always.

Jennie Taylor said...

Hey Jenny--you can't post such a delicious-looking picture without also posting the recipe!!! Or is it a family secret? :)

Emmy said...

I love getting out the snuggly jammies too. So fun! Addie looks so cute in those pictures! And those cinnamon rolls looked amazingly delicious... Suddenly I'm hungry!