Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out with '09....In with 2010

Well last year at this time I came up with the slogan, It's all gonna be fine in '09 Looking back, I'm just going to say, yup it was fine :) Fine isn't great and isn't horrible right? We've had a lot of trials and hard times this year, but also many blessings and much happiness in our little family. I'm amazed how much Addie has grown in a year and I can't believe she'll be two this week! I think 2010 is going to be a great year-- I feel like many people in our life have struggled the past couple of years, but I'm confident that if we all keep pluggin' away and keep positive things will get better. So here's to 2010!

We celebrated the new year by going to the New Year's Eve party at the Treehouse Museum with Emily, Grady and Taylor and my mom. Boy did I UNDERESTIMATE how many people would be there.... ummmm I've NEVER seen a line at all to get in there.

It was a cute idea though, just too crowded for it to be enjoyed very much. They counted down till noon, rather than midnight, and gave the kids all bags with noise makers and M&M's. We also made party hats whilst there....and yep no picture of the kids, because I really couldn't get any. Too. Many. People I think the kids still had fun....although Addie mostly just ran around and eventually just laid down in the middle of the floor with a look like, Um I'm done with this Haha, poor kid.

We celebrated that evening at Blake and Kacey's house with Jed's siblings. It was fun to hang out, put the kid to bed and play games. Jed made a delicious turkey too! I hope that you all have a great year and I'm saying that We'll all have zen in 2010! :)

Addie has decided that she LOVES playing in the snow. She got a new snow coat for Christmas from her papa and was so excited the other evening to go out and play with daddy after work. Her new snow-related obsession is making snow angels. This was one of her first attempts. She's got it down pretty well now and will also do them inside on the carpet at random. Oh I love her

7 comments:

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

The little one looks so cute all bundled up! Glad you guys had a good New Year's.

Melissa Rees said...

Wow the treehouse was crazy! Gimme a call next time you go. Can't wait for the party!

Lori said...

ZEN!!!!!!!!

(ps, love your new header!)

Amanda said...

Zen in 2010 sounds good to me! You definitely deserve it!

McBride Family said...

such a great little video of cute little addie - i can't believe she will be two!!! i am glad i skipped the new years treehouse party - it looks like the only good part would have been running into you! oh and the m&m's

Megan said...

Addie is so dang cute. When I saw on FB that you were going to the treehouse on New Years I was going to say something. Stuff like that is usually SO crazy. Gotta love Utah. lol. We need to plan our gathering of sorts. Let me know what weekend (Friday or Saturday) would work for you guys. Yay for 2010!

Chelsie said...

she looks so cute all in her snow clothes, and oh my heavens i have never seen that many people at treehouse! goo