Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's all gonna be fine in '09

This is my new slogan for the new year :) I think it has a nice ring to it...sounds so content and casual don't you think? Okay, I'm a dork and I'm aware...


I'm not going to lie, this past year has been rough. It has been the hardest year that Jed and I have had in our marriage. We've been hit hard in a couple aspects of life and we're ready to move on to a fresh start in 2009. Just to clarify, none of the issues were marital :) I'm not going to dwell on anything or worry about things we can't change...just move forward. Things are looking up for the new year so I'm staying optimistic!
On the positive, we had the most beautiful baby girl we could have ever imagined enter our life this year.
Addison, you have truly saved me and your daddy! I know babies come when they're supposed to and I really believe that Addie came this January because we needed her in our lives. She's what kept us going through the hard times. Her sweet smile, heart-warming laugh and soothing cuddles brightened our life tremendously! Thank you Addie for being daddy and mommy's little sweetie and being the joy of our lives!! We love you!

6 comments:

The Metz Family said...

Geez you made me cry too!! haha beleive it or not Addie saved the WHOLE Weller family... she brightened everyones lives this past year. All the hard time didnt seem so bad cause we got to look forward to seeing her!! hehe we do like her parents too... thanks for making a baby finally! ;)

Netti said...

This post totally made me get all teary eyed. You'd never know that you were having a hard time because you are always so sweet and cheery. :) I'm so glad that you had cute little Addie to help you guys get through the rough patches! And I love your slogan for 2009...your dorky cousin Jeanette will join right in on that one!

Lori said...

Amen. Love ya girl.

Megan said...

I can see why she would make it all better. She is so dang cute! I hope this year is much better for you than the last. I am sure if we get together more often it will be ;)

Jennie Taylor said...

Hey Jenny,
I hope 2009 turns out to be your best year yet! Addison is ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to see how cute your next one is :)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Glad you made it through another rough year. Isn't it amazing how much happiness a child can bring. I hope she continues to brighten your life when times are rough. And I am enjoying the slogan. I think we will need it this year.