Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Seriously. So. Sick

So for the past week Addie has been soooo sick with a horrible flu...which consequently she gave to not only Jed and I but also her grandma, 2 aunts, 2 grandpas, and 3 uncles!!! There are others who I think have been affected by our little "Typhoid Mary" as Jed's been referring to her. I am truly sorry to all of you who have been puking or suffering with the other end or any other awful symptoms.

It seems all the adults were only sick a day or two, but poor little Addie is still recovering from it! (hence the no posting of cuteness and me loving Thanksgiving- which I really do!) She's been okay with her tummy since about Sunday, but still is having a runny nose and sounds croupy.

So, how do you tell when your 11-month old infant is sick? I'll tell you....

* she isn't into EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME
* mommy must be within a one foot radius at all times or there are tears
* she actually takes long naps and sleeps half the day (even though it has to be ON mom somehow)
* she doesn't "talk" non-stop
* she doesn't want bottles or food, and for once doesn't stick everything she sees into her mouth
* you go through about a thousand diapers in a week's time

I can tell she's starting to feel better because she's into everything again and bolts for the stairs all the time! We sure love our little sweetheart and it really is so sad to see her sick and not herself. Dang you flu season!! Btw- Yes I got my kid a flu shot! 2 to be precise- I guess that's how they do it for babies.....the result? 2 flu bugs in 2 months.........hmmmm. I'm not advocating not getting one, just saying apparently there are a LOT of nasty bugs this season!

This is random I know, but I don't post without pictures generally :) Here's Addie with her own little tree....she "helped" us put up Christmas stuff on Monday night! We're so excited for her to have her first Christmas! Jed and I shopped for all her toys tonight- SO fun!!

7 comments:

Niki said...

I am so glad that you guys are finally feeling better. It sucks being sick, I am just waiting for our turn. It was good to see you guys this week, we need to play again!

Jennie Taylor said...

Hey Jenny. Somehow we've all had that nasty bug, too. I mean ALL of us--my husband, me, the kids, my sisters-in-law, THEIR kids, etc. This is a yucky time of year!!! I hope little Addie feels better soon!!

Hillary said...

Bless her heart! Harrison had that one too and it lasted about a week. Poor girl! I hope you are all on the up and up now!

mlewrkmn said...

I actually hesitate each year to get my kids and myself flu shots. Every time I or my kids got a flu shot we were "sicker than a dog" off and on ALL YEAR. NO FUN... I am so sorry for sweet little addie bug.

Emmy said...

Poor little cutie! It's so sad to see those little babies get sick. I'm glad she's starting to get back to her old self again. We just got over that about a week ago, and it ended up hitting every one of us. I think moms should be immune from everything since they need to be able to take care of the sickies!

mph said...

Awww. I like Addie's little tree. That's good she's feeling better. Our Will was in the Emergency Room for about 5 hours with pneumonia. He was having a really hard time breathing. It was scary. I hate it when kids get sick.

Megan said...

I am sorry you guys have been so sick. It is definitely the pits having sick kids. I am sending good, non sick insducing vibes your way. Are we still planning on a get together this season? Cause I totally think we should and I am willing to help!