Sunday, December 14, 2008

Breakfast with Santa...or Satan?....

Okay, so after 3 Santas this week I think it is safe to say that Addie hate hate hates him. Yes, that's right our little social butterfly who waves at strangers in the grocery store and will usually be friends with anyone...HATES SANTA! I can't say that I blame her...take a look at this guy...So from a distance it may appear she's fine, but if you can see the look on her face it is pure terror. Poor kid. This was after she already met a different Santa at our ward party a few nights before. I wasn't going to even push the issue, but this guy wouldn't let up! We never even got in his line...he just came up and thought she'd want to be his friend...uh, nope! He suggested turning her towards me to take the picture, which we did. Sorry Santa, but my kid is far too smart and she knew he was still there!

Here's Addie attempting to eat the poisonous plant that I kept trying to get her to avoid :)

Saturday was the Breakfast with Santa event at Jed's work, the Davis Conference Center. It was quite the event! The place was beautiful, the food was second only to Little America's and the kids all had a ball. What a fun tradition to start (sans the Santa part).





Yum yum! Addie loved sharing french toast with me :)



This wasn't at breakfast, it was at a family party later last night, but I thought it was cute. Okay, well my hair is scary from the snow, but other than that...... 3 generations of talkers! :)


Okay, so this is just a random picture from the other night. We went to dinner with our friends and this just cracks me up! Addie is holding onto Harrison's hand and his face is saying "Ahh!! A girl is touching me! Help mom!!"

7 comments:

Lori said...

tee hee hee. poor addie and santa. but really, i can't blame her that guy was freaky!! it was good to see you guys saturday. yay for friends!

C and C Young said...

That is too funny!!!

Netti said...

Haaa ha ha ha!! This post made me laugh! Definitely a satanish santa. Poor Addie! I love that picture of the "Three generations of talkers" ha ha!! So cute!

Megan said...

Anna hates Santa too. Meh. Oh well. One day they won't, right?! The last picture is hilariou - the look on that little boys face! LOL. But the comment about 3 generations of talkers was by far the best. Love it.

Niki said...

Yeah so my antisocial child likes Santa go figure. She sat on his lap and asked for toys then when he didn't give her any she wouldn't give him the time of day. Oh by the way poinsettia's aren't poisonous its a wives tale.

Emmy said...

You three talkers are the cutest I've ever seen! I love that picture. Poor little Addie being mauled by Santa! She's such a doll, even with her panicked face. Brynn was pretty freaked out by Santa too. She hadn't even touched his lap when the screams started, so we didn't push it. Maybe next year, huh?

Andrea said...

Oh, man, Addie is adorable. What a sweetie in that darling plaid skirt. Cute stuff. And I love the picture of you, Marilyn, and Addie. Beautiful girls!