Thursday, November 20, 2008

Buddies and Baby-proofing

Addie has been having lots of fun this week. Saturday we went to Grady's bday party. I forgot my camera, so once I steal pics from grandma I'll post some. Sunday we went to Grandma and Grandpa Rees's house. She loves playing with all the toys....



Cousin Beckam stopped by while we were there- he's so cute! Sorry, I know neither baby is really looking in this picture. He watched Addie crawling around all crazy and wild...he was probably taking mental notes :)


We went and played with Reagan and Jaylee on Monday. These two crawled around after each other....they're fun to watch.


Tuesday we took a little road trip up to Rock Springs to visit aunt Ashley and see her school and apartment and such. It was fun to see her and meet her new "friend" too. Addie loves all her aunties! :)

Yesterday we finally had a "boring" day at home. Addie decided that being home must be far too boring, because she figured out that she can totally open kitchen cabinets- hooray right?! Luckily I have already baby-proofed the ones with cleaners and such in them! Looks like I either get to do more, or deal with pans and cereal boxes within her reach.

Then, my little determined girl decided to try climbing up the stairs! Yes, that's right.... she had climbed up ONE step before....but this time did the whole entire flight of stairs! I was proud/terrified. What a big girl!! Look at how proud she was to reach the top where daddy was :)


6 comments:

C and C Young said...

Addie is so pretty! It looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun.

mlewrkmn said...

The stairs thing is bitter sweet, but a great milestone. Way to go Addie!

Megan said...

I know I tell you this all the time, but I know you are like me so you still llike to hear it - she is so dang cute and you always dress her so cute! I especially love her outfit in the first picture. She seems a lot like Anna - very social. Anna gets uber excited when we see anyone or anyone comes over. It is just like 'Hooray! Someone besides my dang mom!' That is exciting that Addie learned how to climb the stairs. And when you are moving around things in the kitchen, remember to make sure the olive and vegetable oil is out of reach ;)

Niki said...

Look at how big she is getting you know the next step is walking! Can't wait to see you soon, let me know what day you and Deneal want to get together so I can plan.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Logan loves to climb stairs. Now they just need to figure out how to get down them. That is the scary part. She is such a cute little girl and I am jelous of all her cute outfits!

Emmy said...

Yay, I found your blog again! I couldn't remember the address, but then (duh) realized Netti had a link on her site. Your little Addie is a doll. I can totally relate to the need for baby-proofing...Brynn's favorite kitchen drawer is the one with measuring cups, so I'm constantly having to fill the dishwasher with them after she's done playing. Why I don't just get one of those locks for it, I don't know. Good job to Addie on climbing the stairs! Going back down will be another story. :)