Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stupid Groundhog....

I guess winter is staying for a bit longer...which wouldn't be so bad if we weren't getting so bored and stir crazy. I just keep baking and I worry that someone is going to have to roll me out of here in the spring. I almost wish it would snow, so I could at least go out and play with Addie. She loooves making snow angels and hasn't got to use her new snow pants yet. Lame.

Anyway, I digress....so it's still winter, we're bored....so what are we doing?

Well aside from hanging out in jammies and a tutu while coloring....


We've had a Nap Battle 2010..... Yep, it's been a fun week in the nap department. We took Addie's binky, or "Gee" away on Saturday night. She was sad but got over it and slept fine all night. Saweet! Well skip forward to naptime the rest of this week....holy. meltdown. She's cried, screamed, yelled, thrashed and even yelled to me from her crib "I wanna talk to Ashy!!" (her aunt, who apparently wouldn't stand for such torture) Thankfully, today she went down in just a few minutes, so I hope she'll get back to normal because she's been a FABULOUS napper till now.

Got a little crafty
I saw some bows in a boutique a few weeks ago like these selling for $6 a pair and decided to get my craft on and attempt making some. They were super easy and fairly quick. I think they're pretty cute too.

Did I mention I bake a lot??
So seriously, I should stop. Technically these chocolate chip cookies were for the ladies I visit teach...so I didn't eat them...okay who are we kidding, I did eat ONE. Since I had already made sugar cookies last week (don't judge me) I decided to bake my favorite cookies and then cut them into hearts afterwards. Cuteness no? I put them into some cute treat boxes with some candy hearts and it made quite the darling Valentine.

We also had Niki and her girls over last week for some wheat grinding/bread baking (yup baking again). I made some sweet pulled pork and we had delicious sandwiches on fresh baked wheat rolls for dinner once Jed and Brian were both home from work. Loved it. Sorry, no pictures of this event....I was either covered in flour or eating the whole time :)

I've been bad at taking pictures lately for some reason, except a few on the Blackberry. We had some really yummy Superbowl food on Sunday. Pictures should have been taken. Jed makes some seriously awesome pico de gallo, guacamole, and queso....oh all the lovely things to dip stuff into. I still can't remember anything about the game. Saints won right? ;)

This post is really random I just realized. It's also been mostly about food...hmm I really need to branch out. I can't promise my next post won't include food, because I do plan to make ONE more Valentine treat this weekend. Enjoy your Valentine's Day everyone!

12 comments:

Lori said...

i love that it revolves around food. i just wish i was there to partake of it's goodness. :)

Melissa Rees said...

I love that you bake so much!! You can share the love at my house anytime :)

Chelsie said...

ah most of my posts revolve around food as well. but heck when it's cold outside...what else are you supposed to do right? all of your creations sound fabulous!!!

Megan said...

I think most of my life revolves around food. So no judgments from me. I just read your comment on Chelsie's blog and I do think we need to hang out and go tot he Treehouse or have a bake off. Love the picture of Addie in her tutu, by the way. And hopefully the lack of naps will catch up to her and she will crash soon and be back to the old routine. That is my prediction and I am hoping it for you too ;)

Unknown said...

I am TOTALLY with you with being done with winter! So sick of it and there is still like 3 months left :( LOVE the bows...so cute!

ps. I am baking and EATING like crazy...there is nothing else to do!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

K, we need to live closer, so I can have some of your treats. On the other hand, maybe it's better we don't... Haha!

cidnym said...

Oh Jenny...Love the random and silly update.:0) Love the Addie in the tutu that her aunt made for her! Love food and cooking almost as much as you! Love time spent with toddlers in our houses!!!

Janiel said...

I want to hang out in my pj's and I think I will get a tutu as well. Mom's should have a pj and tutu day too :)
I come down in two weeks to bless Brightyn...hope to see you and your mom then!!

Emmy said...

I agree, the groundhog totally disappointed this year. I've been having cabin fever big time and can't wait for Spring. At least you've been creative whilst trapped inside due to nasty weather! I can't say the same for me. Your hair bows are darling, your treats look delicious, and Addie is such a doll.

mommy princess said...

I want you to be my visiting teacher! So sorry about the Binky Battle. NOT FUN. I went through the same thing with my oldest and his bottle. Don't worry, "This to shall pass" BTW Love the hair bows I've been dying to get my craft on.

Maria said...

Feel free to pass along any unwanted baked goods to me. I started drooling when I saw that heart-shaped cookie! I love those bows - you are so talented! I'm so not talented when it comes to stuff like that.

Netti said...

Um, that cookie looks AMAZING. I am drooling. Literally.