Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An update on our 2-yr-old and us

I haven't done a good ole fashioned Addie update in awhile. Yes I realize most of my posts are about her, but ah well :)

I can't believe how much Addie has grown up in the past few months. She's talking in full sentences...and talking all. the. time. In the car she just rambles on and on, jumping from one thing to the next. It makes me laugh because, me being her mom, I usually know the exact train of thought that takes her from one thing to the next. Oh and for all of you already thinking it, yes, yes I realize exactly WHO she gets this trait from. Haha.

She's also growing! She's almost 35 inches tall and weighs 28 lbs. Not sure where that falls into percentages yet, because I still need to take her in to her 2-yr check up. It seems like she's suddenly a little girl, rather than even a toddler....sniff sniff. She is SO MUCH FUN though. We are thoroughly enjoying her and it's fun to have her be big enough to do more things with her. She's also getting easier to compromise with...whew. She still tantrums sometimes, but usually it's pretty short and we can talk to her and get her chill quickly. It's funny because she used to not listen when I'd explain why she couldn't do something, she'd just ignore me and cry. Now she'll get annoyed, then just say "Okay" and move on. It's almost shocking.... :)

A few things our big girl likes to do now:

Eat cereal by herself, then drink all the milk out of her bowl. Seriously she does this daily and still thinks it rocks. Jed made us french toast Sunday morning, and she acted bugged that she didn't get to have cereal instead. Funny kid....doesn't she know how much better french toast is than cereal??


Entertaining herself better and in random ways.
I was at the mall last night, and while Whit and I were ooohing and awwwing over cute baby & kid stuff in Dillards, Addie decided to take ALL the Taggies balls off the shelf and put them in a pile. Should I have not allowed this? Meh, it kept her happy.

Lining things up
Once she had all the balls in a pile last night, she lined them all up. She's been doing this lately with random objects. Just a random thing I've noticed. Fruit snacks, cups, books....they can all be lined up.

She also loves to help me bake, pretends to fix my hair and will pick out her/my clothes (or at least I let her think she does) She'll go into my closet "let's see....what should mommy wear?" She is ALL girl.


So besides raising this darling little girl, what else have Jed and I been up to? Well for starters Jed started an new/old job. Kind of funny, but Alliance, the credit union Jed worked for the 4 years before he was done with school just hired him back. He's doing a similar job as before but on a larger scale since they've grown. He's doing their IT and Accounting. It's been a big relief and blessing, since it is salary and benefits. His other job was straight commission, and since mine is too that gets scary. He's liked being back in his old place with his credit union buds and he's very happy.

I've been very busy lately. The market is really picking up with buyers and I've had a flood of house showings! It's great that things are picking up, but also has been kind of hectic to balance it all. Thankfully I've got awesome family who's willing to help with Addie! We feel very blessed with life right now. Things are far from perfect, but we feel like we have all we need and the tools at our fingertips to be successful. Thanks for the love and support family and friends- we couldn't do all we do without you!

11 comments:

Netti said...

I love your Addie updates!!! She's adorable! I love that she is a chatter box.

Also, sorry to hear about your friend that passed. :( That is always so sad! I hope all affected by it are doing ok. Sad sad sad stuff.

Niki said...

I always say girls are just so much fun! It's sad to see them grow up but so fun at the same time. Thanks for the post about Mike for some reason I couldn't comment on it but it made me cry! Love you guys and hope that this year is better than the last.

Melissa Rees said...

She's too cute!! Thanks for watching Deacon today!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I love that she is lining up all those things in the store and you didn't stop her. I have the same mentality...didn't cause any harm and kept her happy. That is also too funny that she drinks the milk out of her cereal bowl...I don't think Logan has ever attempted to do that. I hope the new job continues to be nice for Jed and he enjoys it. And I hear you on balancing it all. I don't seem to do a good job of getting the blog posts in there.

Janiel said...

That is so clever of her! I miss you and your mom :)

Megan said...

I love reading about Addie because she is SO similar to Anna. Anna loves to pick out my clothes, make things match, line things up, etc. Really. But knowing both of us, I guess it should not be surprising our daughters are the same lol. And I don't see a problem in letting her line up the toys in the store. It's not like she was running a much or ruining things. If it kept her happy and quiet - no problem ;) And that picture of her drinking the milk from the cereal bowl is awesome. Haha. Love it.

Lori said...

i love the update. i'm glad things are on an upswing. can you tell addie she has to stop growing up til i can see her again? please? :)

Jodi and Dan said...

I agree, french toast is WAY better than cereal! :) I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you guys!

Chelsie said...

oh addi is so so cute! i love that she likes to pick out all your clothes!

cidnym said...

Addie is changing so much! Eden and I can't wait to see her at Ashley's shower. Thanks for the update....She's DARLING!

Amanda said...

Oh I love Addie. She is so dang cute. And apparently Max does too. I'm also so happy that Jed got that job! Big happy dance for that one!