Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's/President's Day weekend

I know this is a week late, but we've had a busy week. We had a lot of fun last weekend. Friday night, Jed and I went on a DATE. You know, where you actually leave your kid, and go to dinner AND a movie? We haven't done that for a long time, so it was lovely.

We went to one of our very favorites places, Temari, for dinner. Their food is so good and it was divine. Sorry, I only took a snap of our appetizers, because when my entree came I had it half eaten before it occur ed to me to take one :)

After dinner, we went and saw Avatar. We liked it a lot, even though we went to a late show that didn't get out till midnight. It was really long but a great flick, we can't wait till the Bluray comes out so we can see it again.

That day I had spent baking some Love Bug Cupcakes. I kind of just winged it (ha! no pun intended I swear) I had seen a picture of some on the cover of a magazine, but I didn't get the recipe or details, just snapped a shot on my BB and went off that. Whitney came over to join in the fun and we thought they turned out pretty cute.


Don't you love this little love bug army....they were delicious too! I'm proud to say I only ate the cookie off one and gave the cupcake to Addie, and we gave the rest away to family and my nursery kids.


Addie gave her seal of approval....there's one way to eat a cupcake- ha ha! I think her method here was to avoid getting her hands dirty. Gotta love that post-nap hair too.



It was fun to have President's Day the day after Valentines day. Now that Jed is working for the credit union, he gets all those federal holidays off again...yesss. We met my dad and Chad for lunch at Holy Smoke BBQ in Layton.
So. Much. Food.

My dad got Addie some Valentine treats. She was excited.
Addie LOVES lemons. She always asks for the wedges out of my diet cokes and so she thought it was pretty cool that her grandpa gave her some lemons with her valentine. She's so random.

7 comments:

Lori said...

yup.... hungry again....

Avatar was really good! I totally didn't take your advice and we went to a 10pm show. holy. tired. batman. when did we get so old?

McBride Family said...

mmmmm temari - like the best place EVER! i know you are trying to stop, but i love seeing all your cute baking creations!

Jodi and Dan said...

That sushi looks so good! But the love bug cupcakes look even better! I love cute things that are also good to eat. :)

Addie is getting so big! She is such a doll!

Amanda said...

Lemons? LOL. That is hilarious. I'm loving it.
I LOVED Avatar. I totally want to see it again. And I like Temari too. Hey maybe we should be friends. ;)

Megan said...

LOVED Avatar. We usually get to see 2 movies in the theater each year so the movie is chosen carefully and I am glad that we chose this one. Definitely a movie you need to see in a theater. Any who, speaking of actual dates. We still need to plan our double. Maybe you should text me if you are scared. lol. Your wedding cakes and love bug cup cakes turned out super cute. Anna just walked by the computer and asked if we could make them. lol. And I love Addie's random love for lemons. She is too cute!

Andrea said...

Oh dang, a date sounds awesome. Nate and I need to have one of those sometime soon!

What a cute grandpa Randy is! And those love bugs are just adorable. Sounds like a great Valentine's weekend.

Emmy said...

How cute that your dad gave Addie lemons! And I'm so glad you guys got to go on a nice date - so refreshing, huh?