Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wonderfully busy week

We had a busy week! I showed a lot of houses among other things, but here are some highlights of the week.

We played with Beckam on Tuesday. He was so fun. He says "Addie" really well now and it's fun to see how much he's talking now.
Beckam was break dancing to the "hi ho" song on Snow White. Ha ha, he was cracking me up- he loved it!

I took the kids to play at McDonald's for lunch. They had a fun day together.

Later that evening, I forgot that I was going to try to not bake as much and made these....whoops.
I blame Ash for coming into town....or Lori for asking me for the recipe the night before, reminding me of how good they are. Like how I can totally enable myself to bake by blaming others?


Addie and I had a play date with our neighbors on Thursday. This sounds really lame, but we've lived across the street for almost a year and never hung out with the little girl Addie's same age and her cute mom. I'm a friendly person, but I have a hard time calling someone up who I don't know that well and planning to hang out. Silly I know....and technically I did it via text messages :)

Friday I spent the day baking treats for Ash's shower with Whit and Kacey. After that, I got to go watch Ash do her bridal pictures-- they're going to be so gorgeous!

Ashley's Bridal Shower!
Ash and Addie. They're the best of buds. I love it.

Kacey, Whit and I made these fun wedding cake shaped cake pops for the shower. They aren't technically pops since we took them off the sticks. We put them into cute little boxes with some chocolate covered cinnamon bears I made. I love fun, cute treats for showers!

Addie and Tristan watching Cinderella before the shower....poor Tristan has no say yet in movie choices.

After the shower, we dropped the kiddos off to their daddies and went and stuffed wedding invitations with Ash. It was fun to chat and hang out and talk about the wedding....I love weddings!


Last of all....just to prove that I don't only bake, here's what I made for dinner tonight. I found the recipe here. It's a very hearty soup- chock full of veggies. I made some homemade bread sticks to accompany the soup....and of course an ice cold diet coke.


7 comments:

Lori said...

your posts always make me really hungry.

Melissa Rees said...

You need to teach me how to cook and how to LIKE it!! I really detest cooking, especially when I'm preggers. We did the date thing too, and it was weird!! We kept looking at each other and laughing because we hadn't been alone for so long!!

Andrea said...

Addie totally rocks the tutu-with-jeans look. She is such a doll. And those little mini wedding cakes are too cute for words!

I know what you mean about trying not to bake so often. I love to bake, but of course I can't bake without eating way more than I should. It's a sad situation:). Thanks for the link to that soup, though. It looks scrumptious!

Chelsie said...

ah i have to limit my trips to the grocery store...otherwise i'm baking way too many treats...however that soup and cinnamon rolls look amazing! mmmm

Emmy said...

Okay, Jenny, I can't ever let Kevin see your blog or he will be so jealous of Jed having a wife who bakes delicious treats! I need to get on the ball. And I am so hungry for that soup now! Thank goodness you put a link to the recipe on there! :)

Janiel said...

Yummmmm Those cinnamon rolls look so delicious!!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

You are so lucky to have to many little ones around for Addie to play with. Your concoctions look delish--as always!