Sunday, March 28, 2010

Home and some highlights

Well, hip hip hooray- I got to go HOME today!! I was SOOOO happy when the doctor came in my room and said, "well, we're gonna kick you out of this place"

My pain has gone way down since yesterday and my white blood cell count was normal this morning. Basically, that antibiotics were working. They were concerned that I had a mild fever, until I reminded them that I had a child at home who shared that same mild fever and the same cough I have. Still not sure what caused the abscess. The OB/GYN said it may have been that a cyst ruptured that contained blood, not just fluid or just something random. Go figure.

I was just so happy I was being sent home and the problem was resolved I didn't really care too much about what caused something that random. It isn't anything I could prevent if I wanted to anyway.

I just had ONE thing on my mind (okay, two if you count my tempeurpedic bed and three if you count REAL food)
Addie Cuddles!! (Sorry, BB self-pic) I swear if one thing made my pain go from mild to next to nothing it was this sweet little girl. I missed her like crazy! Sad to say, Jed and I have never left Addie for more than 30 hours at the most....so 2 1/2 days was so not cool for me. I felt so bad that she was sick and didn't have her mommy to give her loves and cuddles. It was pure bliss to cuddle the rest of the evening with her and Jed and watch princess movies together. Oh I adore my little family.


So, although the whole hospital experience wasn't the best weekend of my life (see prior post) there were a couple of highlights I thought I'd share.

Oh our way to see the doctor on Friday, before the ER, Jed's dad called asking for the words to the songs Addie likes sung before naptime. The relay wasn't going too well, so Steve just put the phone up to Addie's ear while Jed sang (perfectly I may add) the entire "Aurora song" as Addie calls it :) seriously one of the cutest things I've ever witnessed.


While being wheeled down the hallway on the gurney to go to get my CT scan I started feeling really nauseous. The EMT handed me a bag and said "If you're gonna spew, spew in this" in a 'Wayne's World' voice. Nice. Made me giggle. Jed always says lines from that movie

The final highlight- FOOD. Yes my friends, I was finally able to have something other than broth and jello (gag). All weekend all I really wanted was crackers or something to settle my stomach, but my doctor wouldn't let me just in case I needed surgery. Much to his dismay, I never did ;) I know I probably just watch way too much "Grey's Anatomy" but I know he really did want to cut. He IS a surgeon after all.

I ate saltines on the way home. Then Jed made me just some buttered toast when we got home and it seriously tasted SO good. THEN, the dear Amanda brought over Shepard's Pie, rolls, salad and ginger snaps for dinner. SAINTS. BE. PRAISED. There's something so comforting about warm carby food in my tummy.

I'm a happy woman tonight. I'm so blessed to have wonderful family and friends who have offered love, support and prayers. Thank you all!

6 comments:

Janiel said...

Girl..I had no idea you were sick. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Keep us posted. Get feeling better. love ya!!

Melissa Rees said...

So glad you are home!! We want to bring dinner by sometime. Maybe tomorrow? We are getting pictures done tonight so that doesn't work. I will contact you! (the word verification is manti. Weird!)

Maria said...

I'm glad you're all better. How about no more hospital visits between you and Melissa for a while? Get lots of rest!

The Wilson Family said...

I need to keep up better on the blogs I had no idea you didn't feel well. And I can just totally see Steve trying to sing to little Addie, so funny!!! I hope you continue to feel better. I'll send you my famous good vibes, they always work!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

I am so happy to hear you are home!! I hope you and Addie both get feeling better. I'm sure she missed you like crazy!

Megan said...

I am glad you are home, feeling better with yummy food and Addie cuddles. The aurora song moment is hilarious. Good times. But my favorite part of this post was the Grey's reference. Ross hates when he tells me something medical and I say, 'that has happened on Grey's before.' lol.