Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. I love being a mother, celebrating our mothers and time relaxing with my family. So I'm really glad that this holiday exists....Oh, and like many of my posts, I'm pretty sure Addie is in nearly every photo. Hey, it was my mother's day right? So of course I had to snap lots of shots of my daughter

Me and the little girl who made me a mother
she's got that cheese grin down...oh and do you love her cute dress? Grammy Rees gave it to her and she seriously twirled in it ALL day.

We had a lovely day. Seriously one of the more chill holidays we've had in a long time. We got to have brunch up at Jed's parents house and see his family. The weather was beautiful and Addie LOVED being able to play outside most of the day.

Auntie Ashy was very good to oblige her with all the running, spinning, twirling she wanted. Spoiled girl.

Addie swinging with Grammy Lynette. She was very cute and ended up snuggling with her for a half hour out there with a blanket. It was past nap time and I think she'd have fallen asleep if she allowed herself.

Grammy Dawn, Tristan and Addie boo

I almost forgot that since I'm a mommy these days, I get prizes! Jed got me some really cool new headphones and new biking shorts for RPM class and look at these freaking CUTE measuring spoons that Dawn gave me. Yes, yes they've got cupcakes all over them. Too perfect, no?


Later that afternoon we went over to my mom's house. Once again, we spent most of the time outside playing. Addie was excited that Deacon and Evan came over while we were there. She was slightly obsessed with kissing Deac, but it's still cute at this age. They ran up and down the hill with grammy and loved it.

My cute mom and cute baby girl taking a walk together. Oh how I love them.


Thanks so much to my wonderful family and husband for making my day very nice and special. I truly am so blessed to be surrounded by amazing women who are mothers in my life. Last year I had a post dedicated to my mom and how much she means to me. I won't repeat it all again, but mom- I love you so much! I also have a wonderful mother-in-law, Dawn, who loves, supports, and helps me so much. Dawn thanks so much for everything you do for us, especially Addie. We love you to pieces! We love and appreciate our grandmothers, aunts, sisters and friends in our lives who are great examples of motherhood. I hope you all had a splendid day!

6 comments:

Lori said...

happy mothers day, friend. glad it was fabulous! (i'm in love with addie's dress) and may i say how svelte you're looking these days? rarr

Megan said...

Happy Mothers Day. I am glad that your day was fabulous. I am hoping that that fabulous weather is coming back for good now. And I love Addie's dress - loved even more how much she wanted to twirl in it :)

Melissa Rees said...

Those two were so cute, even though Deacon was slightly terrified of Addie. He's got some issues...

Netti said...

Those measuring spoons!! So perfect. I am coveting them.

Your mom seriously looks like a 23 year old. So cute. And that picture of you and Addie is adorable!!

Happy Mommy day you cute Mom!

Marilyn said...

Jenny, You are an absolutly beautiful and amazing mother. I am so proud of who you are! So grateful to be your mom. Nothing in this world i love more than my family! Thanks for being the best daughter a mother could ever wish for! :)
Mom

Chelsie said...

that pic of you and addie is SO cute! i love it! i'm glad you had a good mothers day. those measuring spoons are way too cute