Saturday, January 8, 2011

Addison's 3rd Birthday!!

We've been celebrating Addie's birthday for three days straight pretty much! Well, the past three days, and also last Sunday...so um she may start thinking that birthdays are really birthweeks. I'm okay with it though- she's got a lot of people who love her and spoil her and want to get in on the celebrating. Jed went out of town Friday and today, her actual birthday, so we called Thursday her birthday. Hey, she's 3, she doesn't know if it's the 6th or the 8th right?

Addie started the day by coming downstairs and opening some presents from me and Jed and seeing her balloons and streamers hung everywhere. She was excited!



She LOVES tea sets, baking stuff and play food....no idea why ;)
After she played for a bit, she and I made some PINK blueberry muffins for breakfast.



Ashley was here and helped me set some stuff up that morning and prep for her friend princess party. We took her to preschool, along with mini cupcakes for her class (more on preschool in a later post) 
and then kept on decorating and getting everything ready.
There were princess things EVERYWHERE and LOTS of PINK! 


The party favors- personalized crown-shaped cookies tied with a little wand.

 Since Addie has a lot of little princesses and princess barbies, we used it all to decorate
Somehow I didn't remember to take many pictures of the decorations......

 Probably because I took SO many of the mini-cakes that Ash and I made.
I have to say, these turned out as cute as I'd hoped and imagined they would. The idea popped into my head at 4am on day when I was wide awake with pregnancy insomnia. They were almost too cute to eat :)





 Ashley did me a solid and wore my Snow White costume for the party
Addie was so happy about it! Of course she had already demanded to wear her Aurora dress too.

 I should clarify, Ashley didn't just come dressed up.....I had her hide from the other girls upstairs till they were all there then I announced I had a special friend there....look at the girls reactions. Love it.
 Kallie (in yellow) was terrified at first and a few were stand-offish but warmed up eventually.
It was very cute. They really thought she was Snow White!

 She gave them all princess crowns and then invited them to the table for a princess tea party!
 Addie loved it...well she loves pb&j and lemonade so I couldn't really lose there. Plus she loves tea parties. We have pretend ones daily.

 The girls all sipped their "tea" and ate some snacks



Then it was time for cake! Look how excited Addie was to eat her Snow White cake! 
Love it!

I swear it took her like 4 minutes to blow out 3 candles...so dainty ;)

The girls ate their cakes while the adults snacked, chatted and played Paparazzi 

Then Addie opened her presents, with assistance from her guests. It was funny, they all helped her rip them open. Then they all preceded to play with the toys. It was a lot of fun for the girls it seemed.

 I tried and failed to get a great shot of all the girls with Snow White. This is the best I got.
Still cute.

So....about 5 minutes after the second to last little princess left, I remembered that I never brought out the pinata! Addie has been asking for one for months for her birthday. At that point we figured we may as well break it open. So she and Eden took some whacks at it with the light saber (worlds colliding? lol)
 We knew it wasn't going to break and eventually Jed just broke it open- oooh CANDY!
It was such a fun party. The girls were all so darling! We've got a fun little group of neighborhood girls and it was fun to have them and a couple other little friends celebrate with us. 
Thanks for all who came!!


Yesterday, Addie told me "I think it's still my birthday though" Hey why not kid, live it up.
Grandma and Grandpa Rees came over and she got another fun present and played with them for awhile.
She spent the rest of the evening putting a baby my little pony to sleep and potty in her little house.


 This morning, we celebrated her birthday, yes again...by going to breakfast with her aunts (Jed's sisters and our sister in law) and Jed's parents. I'm glad that she embraced her birthday being a whole weekend so I could still have her actual birthday be a little special. 
Me and my princess...yes, my little girl wore a crown to breakfast. Oh, and a tutu skirt. 

Addie with her cousins, Tristan and Emmett

 After that we went to Jed's parents' house so they could give her a present 
She was so excited about her new kitchen 
and also about bubble wrap.

That about sums up the birthday celebrating! Wow, after blogging this I think I have an idea why I'm so tired today! I loved throwing Addie parties, playing with her and having family and friends share it with us!

13 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Oh that looks like fun!! I'd better have me one of those :)

mlewrkmn said...

How fun! I love the princess cupcakes! Birthday weeks are the best!

Carlee Hoopes said...

I have decided that birthdays in the Weller household trump Christmas. I have also decided that I'm ticked that my children have no less than 10 older cousins on each side, meaning the grandparents do not spoil them so. lol.

Thanks again for inviting Maggie. She had a great time and it was awesome for her to have something to look forward to. I think she was a bit out of her element at first without her trains and dinosaurs, but by the end she found common ground with all the other 3-year-old-princess-loving-girls. Anyway, way cute job on all the decor and baking and such.

Netti said...

I can't even believe how perfect those princess cucupcakes are. You are a baking Goddess!! Geez la weez cousin. You need to start a business. Happy birthday to your pretty daughter.

Ps. I am all about birthday weeks!

Lori said...

what a fun weekend! happy birthday addison!

Megan said...

I still can't get over those princess cupcakes. Love them. I also lobe her birthday tutu/crown ensemble. Anna totally rocked a crown on her birthday and demanded she wore it to Chick-fil-a that night too. Whatevs.

Marilyn said...

Jenny you are an amazing mommy! I am so proud of what a great mom you are! Addie is so blessed to have you and you are so blessed to have her. Loved being at her "Princess Party". It was so much fun!
Love you lots
Mom

Staci said...

I agree with the birthday week! I try to do it yearly for me and my kids!! What a fun party!! Happy Birthday Addie!!

10zfam said...

You rock at throwing birthday parties-way to go. Love everything. Happy birthday addie

Jodi and Dan said...

Jenny, you are the cutest mom! And I cannot get over those adorable princess cupcakes. What a great idea! And Addie is, of course, as adorable as ever. I can't believe how much she is growing up!

Chelsie said...

love the party! so cute!! props jenny. i love addi's expressions in the pictures you can see how elated she is with everything that is going on..so sweet

Janiel said...

So ADORABLE!! You are the bestest mom!! I love those princess cupcakes--in two years you are going to have to tell me how they were made..Brightyn will be into princess!! Great job!!

Andrea said...

What a dream-come-true party for a 3yo girl! How sweet. And I love how they used a light saber on the princess pinata. That's too funny.

Addie is getting to be so grown up. She'll be such a cute big sis.