Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wait, when did this happen?

It's been brought to my attention in the past few weeks that I have an almost three year old! I'm seriously in awe that three years have gone by since she was the one in my belly. I think registering her in a preschool this week was the kicker. I constantly tell her that she's not big enough for school (meaning elementary) so she's a little confused now as to how she's big enough for preschool. I hear ya kid...I don't know how it's possible either! We took her to Target to pick out a backpack and she now wears it around the house. I think she's excited and I hope that she'll do well on Tuesday when I take her (heck, I hope that I'll do well) She isn't napping anymore, so I think it'll be a good 2-hour break in the day to fill in some boredom of winter. I obviously have mixed emotions about it. I think we both need it, but I also know that it means she's growing up even faster than I thought possible.....okay let's table this whole topic before I cry and get the cookie dough out of my fridge.
Here's what Addie has been up to
 She's still loving her letter/chalk board....notice her backpack on :)

She now has long hair to the middle of her back
 I still haven't ever cut it, other than her bangs....and I don't foresee me doing it anytime soon

Loves being silly
 She likes to take the Mr. Potato Head pieces and put them on herself instead of the potato. Weirdo. Usually it's the Vadar pieces. This time she was being a monkey with the ears and mouth.

Embraces technology
 I was shocked to see how quick she picked up on using an Ipad this week. She wants one now. For real. Um, sorry kid, if one of us gets one, it won't be you ;)

Could play outside all day- even when it's freezing cold!
 Making snow angels with Grammy

 "Ice skating" with daddy yesterday (holy seriously COLD!) 
 the area behind our house filled with rain water on Wednesday which then froze over. 
So it has become our own little ice rink. Sweet! I pulled the carrying a baby card and didn't participate.

Acting out scenes from movies while watching them
 This was Jed's proudest dad moment thus far. She picked up his/her light saber and did Luke's whole routine as he was fighting Vadar. It was pretty accurate and very funny. (sorry light saber fights are blurry)

Looking forward to being a big sister
 Baby Dalton at 28 weeks. 



Today we began celebrating her birthday, which is Saturday.
We had some cake and ice cream up at Grammy Dawn & Papa Steve's house
 She said she wanted the giant cupcake to be PINK

and she wore her cute tutu skirt that Grammy got her for Christmas


 poor girl had a tummy ache when we got there, 
but after some Ashy cuddles and a trip to the potty she was good to go :)

 She told us on the way up that we were having a party, but that it's not really her birthday. 

We opened some presents and visited with family. It was fun and simple.

I'm looking forward to/having anxiety about the upcoming week with Addie. Preschool, a princess friend party and more birthday fun to come!

8 comments:

Lori said...

it sure goes fast, doesn't it? good luck this week friend. i'm sending you chocolate and diet coke with my magic wand.

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

I agree--kids grow up way too fast! Good luck with the first day of preschool. I love the giant cupcake! So cute, but I would expect nothing less from you.

Janiel said...

Happy Birthday Addie!! Wow time flew by :) I love the back pack thing :) Oh btw you look fabulous - and I love the name Dalton :)

mlewrkmn said...

Woman- time flies faster and faster too. :( It's SO not okay. Live every moment with love!

Melissa Rees said...

Preschool? Seriously?! Baby Dalton is seriously cute!! Hope you have cake and ice cream for her birthday!!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

So crazy on the preschool. Think I would need a whole tub of cookie dough. Where is she going to preschool? Thinking I should probably start checking that out. I don't feel too bad since he does go to day care one day a week which is essentially a preschool. Anyway, hope she has a wonderful birthday. Think we all need to have a playgroup soon with these kids before they get too old and wont comply with our wishes to do so.

Megan said...

I hope today went better than yesterday. She sure is cute and they only seem bigger when the wee one comes out of your belly. lol. Also, how did your glucose test go? Random question, yes.

Love the picture of Maggie and Addie. And speaking of technology, The other day Ross was taking pictures (something I never seem to do lately)and Evan walked over to the camera screen and slid his finger across the bottom of it to try and change the picture. Since that is how you work both mine and Ross' phone. Scary.

Maria said...

She's so cute! I love the name Dalton!