Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January randomness

January is usually a pretty boring month. Cold temperatures, not a lot to do, and no sign of spring in site. This month has flown by though! We've embarked on new adventures, had lots of partying with Addie and have been beginning the nesting process for our upcoming baby.

 Speaking of baby...um, he's coming 8 WEEKS from tomorrow!!! 


I'm not a fan of self-timer photos....especially when it's of my "baby bump". 
Let's face it, it's beyond a bump. Nonetheless, here I am!
 30 Weeks 
He's going to double in size before my due date...
not sure how he's going to fit or where he's going to go!
We've been preparing for baby Dalton to come and I am pretty sure that within the next couple of weeks I'll be totally done with everything....and then I'll just be waiting for him to arrive. I not only have the nesting bug, but I'm a big planner/a little OCD so I can't stop myself from getting everything ready, like NOW. Melissa hooked me up with some baby clothes (thanks!!!) and they're already washed and in the drawers of my changing table. I've also made him a blanket, crib quilt (Dawn is finishing the edges for me right now), and a valance for his room. Now I've just got to do a bed skirt and I think I'll be about done with the nursery stuff. Jed is painting a wall tomorrow night in his room.....and after a random/kind of scary crib recall, we're also getting a new crib for him. That about sums that up....I'll post some pictures once it's all done :)


Preschool!!
 Addie started preschool 2 days before her third birthday. She's doing well and seems to like it quite a bit. She was pretty nervous at first, as I expected, but now she's getting more comfortable with it. It's only two hours, three times a week, so it's not too much for her. She still seems so little to me and when I pick her up each day I can't believe that my baby girl is that big.
She won't pose for pictures anymore...so I didn't get great ones from her first day.
 She wanted Yoda to be in the picture with her....silly girl.


 Yet, one more birthday bash....
Last weekend we went down to my dad and stepmom's house and went to dinner to celebrate Addie's birthday. She loves seeing her grandpa! It was funny when the restaurant brought ice cream out to her after dinner and sang to her. She just sat there then whispered to me, "Um, mom, it's not my birthday". 


 Snow Playing with daddy
 We finally got some decent snow today. The kind that actually makes good snowballs. Jed came home and asked Addie if she wanted to go out and play. Of course she did! She loves it.
They made a giant snowball as big as Addie.....and I watched from the window in the warm house :)


Once again....my no-longer-napping-girl hit a tired wall one day and randomly crashed on my hand in the grocery cart. I couldn't get her to wake up....she slept for 30 minutes in the store. 

That's about it....okay, so maybe our January was kind of boring. I've just been too busy to care I guess. 

10 comments:

10zfam said...

you are so cute pregnant! i love your hair too. you are so gorgeous

Melissa Rees said...

Gorgeous picture of you!! Hope the clothes work for you. I already have some more that Evan is to big for! And I'm checking out my crib to see if it's recalled!

McBride Family said...

you are way too cute pregnant! i can't believe you are only 8 weeks away!

Lori said...

yay for preggo pictures!!!!!!! you look super cute.

Andrea said...

Jenny, you're such a cute li'l preggo mommy! Good luck with the last of your preparations. I can't wait to see the new little guy after he arrives.

Janiel said...

You look adorable prego!! Oh and I love the name DALTON..so cute! 8 weeks is going to come so fast ;)

Chelsie said...

you look fabulous in your self timer picture...you're rockin it. i love that addison wanted yoda in her picture...i'm sure that made jed quite proud

Amanda said...

Ummm love the hair! So cute! I totally want to come see the nursery. And Addie makes me giggle. I love that she fell asleep on your arm. So classic.

Megan said...

The fact that Addison has a Yoda doll just never loses its awesomeness. I am also excited to see the finished product for Dalton's room!

Pieces of Us said...

You look so cute. Oh Addie...I love her. Post pictures of Dalton's room!