Friday, February 25, 2011

Dalton's Room

We've been working on getting everything ready for baby Dalton's arrival. I've been doing a lot of sewing the past month! It's funny because until I did Addie's quilt, I had really never sewed at all. I've come to really enjoy it, at least the simple stuff that I've done. I still wouldn't attempt anything with a pattern anytime soon :)

Jed and our friend Jordan painted one of the walls a soft blue and I love how it turned out.
I mod-podged fabric to some wooden letters for his name above his crib.

His crib quilt i made
I fell in love with this argyle fabric from Hobby Lobby. I liked the colors and the patterns.
His quilt took much less time than Addie's did since it was so much smaller. I actually did ALL the sewing and hand stitching on it by myself :) Dawn finished the edges for me though, because she's cool like that.

 I wanted his room to be simple, cute and clean looking

We got a new crib after ours was recalled. I was fine with it because I preferred brown over white for a boy's room, especially with the fabrics I used.


My mom made some covers for my rocking chair and I think it turned out great! Thanks mom!

I made a pillow :) I've never made one before, and I just winged it, but it was actually very easy.
It definitely adds some comfort and back support for me in my rocker.

 I also made a Valance....also a first for me. 
Yes this whole room was basically me playing with a sewing machine trying to see what I could do myself.
I made the bed skirt too, which looks just like the valance.
Addie posing for me while I took pictures. 


Here's some close ups of the quilt. It's kind of hard to see the hand stitching that I did on it, but I followed the white lines of the argyle. It makes the pattern pop a little more and I like how it turned out. I didn't want to have stitches running across the pattern of the fabric. 

I still need to find a few things for the walls and a lamp and a couple of little things, but other than that we're done! Can't wait for him to get here and snuggle him in the other cozy blanket I made him :)

7 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

It looks so good!! It will be even cuter when he's in the crib :)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Oh I have fallen in love with that fabric too. Way cute! I got super crafty when I was pregnant with Taylor too and love simple little sewing projects. Can't wait till he is here for you and hope you are hanging in there well.

Staci said...

I love it!! Everything turned out so cute!! I can't believe Dalton's arrival is getting soo close.

Megan said...

I am a fan of his room. I am all about clean lines and keeping it simple. You did well my friend!

Lori said...

it's great! i loved seeing it. you've done such a good job

Janiel said...

So cute!! Love it!! You did such a great job :)

Maria said...

I can't wait to meet the little guy! The room is so cute, I love it.