Friday, April 8, 2011

The past couple of weeks....


Well it's been over two weeks now since Dalton's arrival and life has been flipped upside down and inside out, but we are all adjusting and getting used to this whole having two children thing. The sleep deprivation is the biggest change/issue, but I'm still alive so I've proven that I can indeed survive on only one-two hour increments of sleep at night. Jed had me go up and take a nap after he got home from work yesterday and I slept for nearly three hours....then realized that is the longest stretch of sleep I've had since Dalton was born. But hey, he's only a sweet little newborn once right? I keep telling myself at 2am that this stage is only a little while and sooner than later I'll miss snuggling this sweet baby in the middle of the night. I'm still hoping someday soon he starts going longer than 2 hours between feedings, but for now I'm hanging in there.

We completely adore our cute, chubby Dalton. Addie is in love with the little guy and she's done better than I thought she would with the change. Today she came up and sang him songs while I was rocking him then kissed his head and said "I love you so much baby". Melted my heart. Speaking of Addie, our baby boy looks SO much like her, especially how she looked as a newborn. Oh except that he's got over 2lbs on her birth weight.

this is my baby (Addie)                          








this is my baby on carbs (Dalton)

Jed was able to take a week off and I was so very grateful. It went by quickly and I was so glad that I had the extra help during the day, especially that first week when I was still in a lot of pain. He's such a good dad. He's been awesome. He's been going to work at 7am all week so that he can leave at 3:30. Then he comes home and plays with Addie, helps clean up and cooks. For real. I like him. 


His son likes him too :) this was our first night home. I may have reconsidered the guitar rocker jammies if I'd known that it'd turn my baby into party animal that night. He was awake half the night! He's gotten better,  thankfully, now he's just up frequently to eat.

 Meeting new friends
This is Alice, future girlfriend, she's 6 weeks older than Dalton and lives across the street.
 Note how he's playing it so cool and acting uninterested ;) 

Uncle Bryan and Whitney came to see him

Uncle Chad and Lacie's baby, Skylee, arrived 8 days after Dalton did...
yet they look 8 weeks apart lol....in my chubby boy's defense, she was born 3 weeks early. 
She was exactly 3 pounds smaller than he was at birth. Too funny.

Cousin Emmett
They're gonna be cute buds

Spending time with big sister
Addie loves to hold him

 She also wants to wear her "big sister" shirt all the time! It's cute. 
She was excited the other day when I also put Dalton in his "baby brother" onesie.


 Look how soundly he sleeps....during the day ;)

Look how cute these chocolates are! Aunt Teri made these for us and brought them to the hospital the morning after he was born. I loved them. It was fun to give them out to visitors who came to see him.

Good ole bath time after his cord fell off and could get wet.

 Watching Sleeping Beauty with Addie
She was telling him not to be scared of Malificent. Funny kid.

More sleeping....during the daytime.

He doesn't stay asleep for long....
he's got to wake up to make sure he's eating enough to sustain those chubby cheeks!

Making some fashion statements already too
His skater shoe socks

workin' out the Star Wars logo tee- definitely his daddy's boy!

This week has been kind of stressful. I got Mastitis and felt horrible for a couple of days. I finally left the house on Wednesday to take the kids to the doctor. I had not left the house at all since he was born. Crazy. Dalton weighs 9 lbs 4 oz now which is the 75th percentile for weight. 

I've had such great support from family and friends and really appreciate it all! Now I'm off to feed this boy and put him to bed...for an hour or two anyway :)

10 comments:

Sayyadina said...

Love the pictures and commentary. So excited for you!!!

Melissa Rees said...

Oh he's too cute!! Love those cute shoes too! I have some more stuff to bring you too :)

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

He is so adorable!!! I love the photos of Addie with him, especially the one with her hand on his head--too cute! I'm sorry it's been a hard couple of weeks. Hang in there and I'm sure it will get easier!

Maria said...

I think you may have officially given birth to the cutest.boy.ever!! How sweet is that face of his? Love it!

McBride Family said...

he is so so so cute!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I am impressed you fit blogging into your schedule. I haven't been able to do that and my kid is 6 months. Sorry its been kind of rough. Hope you can keep telling yourself that it won't last long and can hang in there.

Megan said...

He is such a doll and so is Addie for being so cute with him. I only hope that if we have another it will be easier for us in that department! I really do hope that things get better in the sleeping/eating department for ya cause that is ROUGH to say the least. Love the Star Wars shirt! I bet Addie loves it as much as her Daddy too ;)

Lori said...

"Addie on carbs" lol.

i'm sorry the last two weeks have been so rough. hopefully you hit a groove soon and you can finally get some sleep!

Janiel said...

Oh he is too cute!! I love those cunky thighs!! I can't wait to come visit :)

Amanda said...

He's such a handsome little man. Can't wait to come and take pics of him tomorrow! Yay for new babies!