Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dalton Rees

 I can't believe that it's been 6 days since this little guy was born and I'm just barely blogging about him. It's been a little difficult finding the time, but he's way too precious to wait any longer to share him with the blogging world. Today was my due date, and I'm so glad that he's already here!


Just before my C-Section
Ready to pop!

Dalton Rees 
8 lbs. 11 oz. 19 1/2 inches long
(No wonder I felt so huge and could barely move!)

No sense covering up that head of his with a hat when he's got this much hair
The nurse fauxhawked his hair when they bathed him....so cute.

It felt so long before I got to finally hold him....

Just soaking up my brand new baby boy

 Addie meeting her baby brother


Addie was so excited to meet her brother and hold him
(and yes, yes my daughter is wearing a pink tutu skirt to the hospital, no surprise there :) 
hey it matched her big sister shirt)


Dalton meeting his grandparents, aunts and great grandparents
 Papa Steve

Grammy and grandpa Rees

Grammy Dawn

Aunt Ashy

Aunt Whitty


Grandpa Randy and Grandma Tammie

Great Grammy Lynette 
Gramp

Daddy got some snuggles in too



Addie was so cute about Dalton. She demanded to wear her big sister shirt and tutu again one of the days they came to visit. She just wanted to hold him. She was excited about it. She still likes to hold him and give him kisses. I wish the lighting was better in these pictures, because they're pretty dang precious.




All ready to come home!
We came home Saturday night and life has been turned upside down in a wonderfully exhausting way.
I've got more pictures and thoughts to share, so I'll post again soon. We're so grateful to have a healthy, sweet baby boy in our home. We all are in love with him and thank Heavenly Father for sending us such a precious little one. Welcome to the world and to our little family baby Dalton!

9 comments:

Pieces of Us said...

OH I can't wait to meet him! As soon as we are all healthy we will be there knocking the door down to hold that sweet boy! {rees fits him well since he is as big as the other rees boys =)}

Lori said...

YAY! congratulations, friend! Can't wait to see him.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Congratulations Jenny! There is nothing I love more than having that new baby smell in the home!I love all that dark hair!Addie is going to be such a fun big sister.xoxo

Melissa Rees said...

So glad he is here!! He's such an angel!

Staci said...

He seriously is the cutest little boy!! I am so happy for you guys and Addie seems to be in heaven! I love it!!

Megan said...

The pictures of him with Addie are so cute. He is adorable. I hope you start getting more sleep friend. I am sending vibes your way :)

Maria said...

I'm just smiling looking at all those cute pictures! He has such a sweet face. He is an absolutely gorgeous baby! (Sometimes you have to say that about ugly babies too, but Dalton is definitely a gorgeous baby!) Congrats to you. Your little family is so precious :)

Janiel said...

Congrats!! He is such a doll! I am baby hungry again :) I so want to hold him. How are you feeling?

Jeff and Erin said...

Congrats Wellers! He is adorable :o)