Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Addie's birthday and {family} birthday parties

Saturday, we had a birthday party with all of my siblings and Addie's cousins. I decided to do it at my mom's, because there are a LOT of us now!


look-- our family DOES have a few girls :) 

Addie's sand castle cake I made

Dalton and Skylee hanging out

Pirate swords  and gold coins for the boy guests and a mermaid skirt for Taylor 
(I didn't think the boys would want anything mermaid-related)



I brought the Ariel game from her friend party so the kids could play. I wasn't assuming adults would, but Chad and Jason did lol. Way to show up the kids, J. 

Presents!


It took Addie about 2.4 seconds after opening a trunk of dress up dresses from grandma and grandpa to put them on. Along with matching lip gloss, of course.

pinata breaking, princess style ;)

and.....boy style
awesome.

Thanks Rees/Workman clan for partying with us! Addie loved it


 Addison's 4th Birthday!!
She woke up to a room full of balloons on the floor, but randomly only noticed the one I had taped to her drawing board. Funny. She was excited to get a Flynn Rider doll to go with her Rapunzel doll


And REALLY excited when she opened her new Belle doll!!
I didn't snap a picture fast enough, but she totally gasped and stepped back...
 and then jumped up and down....
I guess that was a good call on the singing, story telling Belle doll :)

She immediately changed into her Belle dress up dress and played with her all morning. 
It was very cute.


 I made her some princess pancakes for breakfast too :)


 That evening, we had the Weller side of the family over to continue this 3 day long celebration of Addison
Dalton loves his Ashy

Addie giving Jed a kiss before blowing out her candles, Awww

Tristan was excited about his cupcake (shhh, they were two days old) 
I made pizookies for the adults and the kids had cupcakes and ice cream cones

I tried to b&w this hoping it'd be cuter. Still not a great picture, but oh well. 
Can't blame a birthday girl for not parting with an ice cream cone for a picture.
Poor Dalton wasn't a happy little dude. Found out the next day he had an ear infection :(

More presents....this girl got spoiled!

Great grandma Margaret gave Addie and her bitty baby matching robes and Grammy Dawn and Papa Steve gave her some matching jammies along with some other dolls. She loves them. 

Happy Birthday, Addison!! I can't believe she's 4. She's not a baby or even a toddler anymore. She's, well, a kid. She's independent, smart as a whip and full of life! I can't even let my mind think about next year because as she reminds me ALL the time, "when I turn 5 I go to big school!" 
So I'll keep her close for one more year...I sure love my little girl.

4 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

It was a great party! Wish I had a girl...lol

McBride Family said...

Happy Birthday Addison! Looks like it was great!

Lori said...

what an awesome birthday she had!

Emily said...

You have such a cute family!! Happy Birthday to your little princess! What great cake skills you have! I couldn't have made a cake like that if my life depended on it - great job!!