Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Addie's {friend} Ariel Party!

Addie has been talking about the Ariel party she's was going to have since about 48 hours after LAST year's birthday party. I don't know why Ariel exactly, all I know is that is what she wanted and what she knew was going to happen lol. Kids are so funny and random and specific sometimes.


 So Ariel it was! We had a blast planning and creating an Under the Sea themed party (well parties!)


Since most of her cousins are boys, we do a girly friend party with a few of her favorite friends. 
This way, we still get to party super girly style! :)

When we say girly style, we mean mermaid style. In this case, each girl got her own mermaid skirt and clam hair clip to party in and then take home. I think it made it extra fun for the girls and they were pretty simple to make too. Addie was thrilled about being a mermaid, though I didn't make shells for her aka "boobs things" like she had requested. Hearing her call them boob things just made it too weird. 

The party guests 


They played pin the crown on Ariel

 Then we had a picnic under the sea and ate yummy treats

This is what they were sitting underneath

Some of the under the sea esque treats consumed
I was in love with the clams :) and hello, super easy!

Dipped marshmallows and oreos were also a hit (well we won't discuss how many oreos I ate)
I also loved the star fish rice krispie treats! I swear, these treats were all the easiest and quickest I've done for a party in awhile, but candy eyes make anything cute!

and cupcakes of course!
I didn't do a big cake til the next day/party
I still can't believe my baby girl had 4 candles on that cupcake....sigh.

 The girls all took the party over from there...
they helped Addie open her presents, then they all went up and played in her room for a solid hour! It was awesome. They played without any incidents or fighting. At one point when I went up there to make sure they were all indeed still breathing, I came across this scene: Lucy sitting on a stool coloring on Addie's chalkboard, while Kallie brushed and curled Lucy's hair. Maggie was vacuuming with Addie's play vacuum saying she was cleaning up the mess and Addie and Eden were playing house with a stuffed monkey. 
AWE.SOME. you go girls. They all had a fun time it seemed and Addie couldn't have been happier!


Here's a shot of Dalton among the pre-party set up. He thought the sea of balloons was pretty funny. Thanks Ash, once again, for always co-chairing my party planning committee with me! We had as much fun prepping for the party as we did attending it. We kept things pretty simple, but I was really happy with the way it turned out. Don't worry, we had two other parties as well. Gotta get the families in there too! 
Stay tuned.


4 comments:

Megan said...

Super super cute.

Unknown said...

Adorable party!!!

Unknown said...

Where did you get the fabric for the tails? Was it expensive?

Jenny said...

Jamie- I got it at Joann and it was fairly cheap. I normally use a 40% off coupon there too :) I think maybe $4-5 a yard, maybe less w the coupon.