Thursday, January 22, 2009

What we've been up to...

Sorry, it's been a little while....Here's what we've been up to since Addie's birthday- other than the walking :)

First of all, Cassi, I'm saying you and Maddux jinxed me ;) because ever since your post about him not sleeping well, Addie isn't either. Not sure what the deal is, but it's been a rough week. As I'm writing this, my poor kid is so tired, but I didn't let her nap cause it got too late for one. I'm trying to see if she'll go to bed earlier and hopefully sleep better- that's what the experts all say, so we'll see!

We went to an open house to honor and celebrate my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. Wow- 65 years! What an amazing milestone! We love you grandma and grandpa and we are grateful to have you in our lives.

The Workman Crew (sans Jed- he was at CES and missed out)


Addie outgrew her carseat, so she got an upgrade last week! She must like it- she sleeps just fine in it :) What a big girl! New seat, taking steps, and drinking whole milk- so many new adventures when you're a one year old.

9 comments:

Niki said...

I really think she has grown up in the past couple weeks. It is so fun to watch them grow up even if it is sad to watch the baby disappear. It's amazing how just turning a year makes them all of the sudden seem bigger.

C and C Young said...

I am so sorry!! I wouldn't wish those sleepless nights on anyone!! I love her carseat. Is it a recaro? I didn't see that color. It is so cute. I'm tempted to have another kid just so I can have a girl and buy her cute girlie things....well we'll see if I can be tempted enough.

Megan said...

Yeah for walking! She really seems to have grown up so much in the last little bit. I love the picture of her sleeping in her car seat - precious!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Oh so sorry about the sleeping. I hope I am not next. Her new car seat looks way comfortable. Looks like a Recaro and I agree with Cassi so fun you can buy it in cute girly fashions. They don't have 'cute' ones for boys. Way to go on the steps. Logan has really gone backwards in that area. Hopefully he will figure it out again.

Jenny said...

Yes, the carseat is Recaro. It did come in a cute enough color, although they're prints aren't as fun. Haha, Jed liked that the box read "Don't get cute, get Recaro"
Good to know if my baby takes up racecar driving, she'll be safe ;)
Btw, Melissa- your post about carseats was very helpful :)

Netti said...

That car seat looks SO comfy! I wish I could have a car seat!! I'm jealous of babies sometimes.

It was so good to see you and your familia at Grandma and Grandpa's party!! I haven't seen Chad and Brian in AGES!!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog. How fun! It is great to see what you guys have been up to. I hope you don't care. Cool that you guys are just in Layton. We are in Logan for the moment.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

That is a funny slogan for Recaro. I think it is cute though. I love some of the Britax carseats for girls. Way cute. I am glad the carseat post was helpful. Always nice to hear. I felt so lost with it all when looking. Too many choices to have to make and not enough direction. Thanks for your advice and reassurance on the baby food and bottle. Sometimes I just wonder if I am missing out on things cause everyone else seems to know how to do it. We do need to get together and play.

Emmy said...

I'm so glad you guys took that family picture at the anniversary party--I love it! It was so great to see all of you. It doesn't happen often enough, huh?

Addie looks so cute and cozy in that carseat. Brynn just got over a waking up at night phase also, and I'm so glad to be sleeping all night again. Good luck, hopefully it won't last long!