Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby Einstein

The past month or so I've been letting Addie watch a couple of Baby Einstein movies. I can't believe how entertained she is by them! I should have let her watch them 6 months ago like normal people do I guess. I didn't want her watching much tv till she was one. (Pretty sure she's caught her share of "The Office" though...sooo much better)

I'm pretty impressed that she does seem to be learning from them. She's been watching Baby DaVinci and it teaches eyes, mouth, nose, ears, hands and feet. She all of a sudden can point to most of these things on herself- it is very cute I must say.....so here's my dazed child being entertained :)

This is the most still you'll ever see this kid. It doesn't last long though....usually within a few minutes she gets off her chair and moves around while she watches. (which is more than I can say for myself when I'm watching my shows)
She does interact while watching...hence the clapping while it talks about hands. She also randomly yells at the tv "De!" when the puppets come on. She laughs and "talks" to the animals and puppets. It is so fun to watch her learn and play!

9 comments:

Maria said...

If her first words are "That's what she said" then you know she's seen way too much of "The Office".

Lori said...

awwww too cute. i like her. yes yes i do.

C and C Young said...

Baby Einstein is my best friend especially since I work from home. Call me a horrible parent but seriously I would die without the videos. I just can't entertain him all day long.

Janiel said...

Oh she is so adorable! How is your mom and step dad doing?

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I love the videos. Logan needs some new ones cause we end up watching the same one over and over again. I feel like a bad mom sometimes because I let him watch TV but then I decided he probably will get hooked just because of the age we live in whether I let him watch it or not. So I say bring it on. Logan loves the "Babies First Sounds" one and his favorite part is all the puppets!

Melissa Rees said...

That pic is so cute of her clapping! I got the baby sign language, but i have yet to watch it yet. By the time I get around to it he'll be talking! Can't wait to see you on Sunday.

Niki said...

I think you gave Lizzie her baby Einstein movie. She still watches it from time to time. We are kind of out of the movie stage she used to sit down and actually watch a movie for a few mins now it seriously only lasts a couple and she is done. Enjoy it while it lasts! She is so cute! How is Danny doing?

Megan said...

I love those pictures, especially the last one! Could your daughter be any cuter?! It is nice when they sit down to watch a show. Anna disliked Baby Einstein, but we introduced her to Signing Time about the age of 1 too and she has LOVED them. Not as much as I love that half hour too! LOL. She still won't sit still longer than a half an hour so she has never seen a movie like most kids her age, but I am alright with that ;)

Chelsie said...

coop loved baby einsteins too and learned lots of stuff from them. she is so stinkin cute, and so smart