Tuesday, February 3, 2009

S'more puppies :)

First of all I have to post a picture of Blake and Kacey's new puppy, Marty- seriously, how cute is he??Doc isn't so sure about him yet, but I'm sure they'll become great friends. Addie loves them both- well she loves all dogs. She has started saying "woof" whenever she sees one, or even right now while I'm writing this and she sees the pictures. It's quite cute :)Awww, look at Doc's face...poor little guy is a little jealous I think. Doc is only about a year and a half, so he still thinks he's the baby.



Sunday night, Jed and I decided to make some off the hook s'mores. Since it is winter, obviously there are only so many options for this. We had bought the following ingredients the night before. No normal graham crackers for us....we go straight for the Fudge Shoppe deluxe fudge grahams, thus eliminating the need for chocolate bars....and you must use Jet Puff Marshmellows (we're marshmellow snobs)
Now here is the key to these special s'mores...Dada! This bad boy is a creme brule torch, but worked perfectly for this application. You could use your burners on a gas stove if you don't have this cool device ;)
Jed did the "torching" quite precisely and made the marshmellow perfectly oooey goooey on the inside and lightly crispy on the outside, just like a campfire would do :)
Here's the process....

And the result... mmmm it was SO GOOD!


Jed ate his in ONE BITE hahaha.... doesn't he look happy about it though?

So there you have it...our partying life style when Addie goes to bed :)

10 comments:

Netti said...

That puppy is ADORABLE. Kind of looks like a marshmallow in fact!! I think you remember from one of my previous posts that I LOVE marshmallows!! So I loved reading about your smores party!! YUM. Now I want one!

Lori said...

you guys are CRAAAAZY party-ers! ;0) I'm sure jed really appreciates you posting that picture. haha.

Megan said...

That is such a great shot of your husband ;) I could go for a smore right now...well, I probably could at any time. Yeah our 'party life' after Anna goes to bed is usually 'The Office' or Leno with a bowl of ice cream. We can be wild together!

Niki said...

K that is so funny Lizzie was just eating some marshmallows and I was thinking I need to make some smores. Love the puppy way cute, when are you getting Addie one of her own? I am impressed that Megan makes it up until Leno, we usually crash after Lizzie goes to bed. At least you guys do something. Keep up the partying.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Those look fantastic! We usually just pop in the otis spunkmeyer frozen cookie dough. Much easier. Cute puppy too. What did they name it?

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Uh....Marty! Sorry for my lack of reading!

Pieces of Us said...

Haha you guys are so funny. Those look delish though! I might have to get me some of those tonight. I love that itty bitty puppy. He is SOO cute!

Melissa Rees said...

And I thought I was obsessed with Back to the Future! Those smores looked dee-licious!

Jenny said...

believe it or not, there is a less flattering picture of jed inhaling a smore where you can see up his nostrils...haha, so really that one isn't so bad :)
Oh, and I would love a puppy, just don't want to train one right now...or worry about addie "loving" it too much ;)

mph said...

Awesome! I will have to try that! Looks yummy! Who needs camping to make s'mores.