Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A few updates....

Sorry, I haven't been taking pictures as much these past couple of weeks, so I haven't posted Addie updates. I figure I should anyway. She is growing and learning new things everyday- it's amazing. She still loves her Baby Einstein videos and seems to learn so much from them. I'm tired of watching the same 3 videos, so maybe we need more. Yesterday, I had her watch one that she didn't like before, and she loves it too now. It has some sign language in it and she's even trying to do some of it.

She and I have both been sick this week, so needless to say, we've been watching a lot of videos and not doing a whole lot. I'm really done with winter and cold season....I think this is the 4th cold or flu since October! (Hence the red, sore nose in her picture)

Addie is saying more and more words lately, or a form of words. She's saying Willie, her grandparents' dog's name, "papa" which papa Steve eats up, "whitty" for Whitney (sounds closer to willie though), "horth" a new favorite word, for horse. She used to say "de" for dog, but now just says "woof" at them all. She tries saying "mooo" for cows, but mostly comes out "boooo". She's also saying ball and trying to say a lot of other words that don't sound like much quite yet. I just can't believe how fast she's learning words. It is so fun to hear her try and talk! (my protege) ;)
She also will now point to her nose, eyes, head and feet or toes. She loves the Head Shoulders Knees and Toes song on her Baby Da Vinci movie and if you even hum the tune, she'll grab her head- so sweet! (except when she then discovers a bow and pulls it out) She claps her hands whenever anyone says "pat a cake" and once even when Jed said "baby cakes". Hee hee...

She has randomly starting hiding or hoarding things in shoes...silly girl. Here's her binky in one of her shoes. Jed couldn't find his phone anywhere one day and later found it inside one of his dress shoes!

Also, on a side note, a lot of you have asked me how Danny is doing. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! He's getting better with time and gaining more strength. It is a long road to recovery, but things are progressing.

9 comments:

Lori said...

sad sick friends. :(

i love the shoe fetish. dang addie, shoes and talking? you're starting to sound like your mommy. hee hee.

love it.

Niki said...

Cutie, I am glad that you both are feeling better. I haven't told many people but Lizzie and I are coming up next week for a little visit. If you and Addie are feeling ok we need to play. Lizzie can teach her lots of new words.

Megan said...

She is so cute. ISn't it so fun to watch them learn. I swear sometimes I can leterally see wheels turning in their heads whrn they figure something out. I love that she is hiding things in shoes. They are like little storage boxes. Hope you guys start feeling better - I am so done with the winter too and we haven't even been sick. Bleh. I am glad Danny is doing better too - thanks for the update.

Melissa Rees said...

So sorry you've been sick! Addie is getting so big and so mischiveous! Imagine when all the cousins are together!

C and C Young said...

I am so sick of the weather!! I hope you are feeling better. Addie is s dang cute! What a smartie.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

What a smart girl! Logan says lots of things now I am not sure what they are. I love that she hides things in shoes. Too funny. Logan put our home fun in my lap top bag once. I got to work and found my home phone. Made me laugh. She is so so cute and sorry you are all sick. I am sick of all this to.

Janiel said...

Hey Jenny - Can you email me your mom's address, I found some funny pictures I was going to send her. Thanks
wetsealjj@lycos.com

Bodacious Barlows said...

Addie is gorgeous!! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see what you're up to. We have a blog too. It's jeffandroxybarlow.blogspot.com. We decided to make it private since Jeff decided to enter to wonderful world of law. So, send me and email so I can invite you. me email is roxannebarlow@hotmail.com

Stacy said...

hey i found your blog through Cassie's, mine is private, so email me your email address and i will add you to my list! my email address is gottabhappy@msn.com Your little girl is so cute, i hope everything is going well!