Thursday, January 8, 2009

A year ago today....

I was terrified, petrified and any other frightened word you can think of. I went into the hospital at 6:30am to have a C-section so that my stubborn baby could be brought into the world :) We were very excited that she was finally going to be out of my tummy and in our arms.
About an hour after arriving with those emotions...I was holding my new beautiful baby girl in awe and disbelief that it felt so long to get her here, and then she was suddenly here so fast! At 7:48 Addison Dawn Weller came into the world weighing 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19 inches long. I instantly fell in love with this sweet baby girl who looked a lot like her daddy, who I also love with all my heart. It amazes me still how much Addie has changed our lives. She's brought us more joy and love than we ever imagined.... take one look at this picture and you'll begin to understand why....

So this was a year ago...and here's our little girl today-

Here's the birthday girl- WOW what a difference a year makes! She's crawling, walking along furniture, briefly standing, into everything, loves to giggle, talks in gibberish, points at everything, growls randomly, climbs stairs, and best of all- still cuddles with mommy and daddy at night to fall asleep! We couldn't love you any more Addie and we thank our Father in Heaven every day that He sent you to us. Happy Birthday little sweetie!

15 comments:

The Metz Family said...

that last picture of her that you took at dinner is so cute!!! lol she looks like she is like what the waht? like idk a myspace pose! hahaha she is so cute! love the babygirl! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDIE BEAR. love, your favorite Auntie... thanks jenny for carrying a baby in your tummy for nearly 10 months so we could have our little friend

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Addie! That picture of her after she is born laying on your chest is so stinkin precious! Man. I forget how good C section babies look right after birth not having to get the crap smooshed out of them!

Niki said...

Happy Birthday to Addie! I was thinking about her all day yesterday. Hope you guys had a great day, it is amazing how fast they grow up.

Lori said...

happy birthday little friend. we're glad you came too. :)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Happy official birthday! Love all that dark hair at birth and yes that picture of her on her chest in the hospital is just precious. You both look fabulous.

Jodi and Dan said...

She is a sweetie! That was so fun to see you guys last night.

mph said...

Who wouldn't look at that adorable little girl and fall in love? She is so precious. You are a cute mom too!

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday Addie. You are such a sweetheart! Seriously Jenny, did you mean to make us all cry when we read this? Cause I totally know what you mean!

Chelsie said...

oh my heavens she is so stinkin cute. i love the name addison, if lacie wouldn't have named her girl maddison i so would use it. happy birthday to her. ha and i laughed at megans comment, c secion babies are immediately cute...not swollen and smushed. :-)

Jeff and Erin said...

Hey Jenny, it's erin. Just checking out your blog and wanted to tell you that your little girl is so stinking cute! I love those big blue eyes, she is a doll!

C and C Young said...

Okay, so we need to figure out a way to get these chillins to stay babies...seriously!

mommy princess said...

Little girls are so much fun! She's an absolute doll. And she does look just like Jed. I guess he's a doll too. lol
You have the cutest little family. If you're ever down this way we should get together.

Janiel said...

Jenny - It's Janiel - Erin told me she found your blog. I've missed you and your mom. I have an old phone number of your mom's and get a hold of her. Send me an email at wetsealjj@lycos.com -- I'm so glad everything is going so well. Your little girl is so adorable.

mph said...

One more thing - I noticed the new pic of your mom! She looks so amazing! Wow! I always thought she was so gorgeous!

d doggs said...

Jen...I LOVE that pic of Addie cuddled up on your chest. Who knew that a newborn could be so cute!!!? Ok...just so you know, I don't read peoples blogs. BUT...yours I do, so that I can get my Addie fix!!! He he :)