Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers, friends and farewells

First off, I want to give a shout out to all the dads in my life and let them know how much me and my little family love and appreciate you all. Jed and I feel so blessed that Addie has so much love around her. She's spoiled by all her grandparents and she loves it! Thanks Dad, Steve and Danny for everything!

Jed, thank you for being the best daddy to our sweet Addison. She loves you so much and I LOVE that I see you in her every day. I am SO grateful that she has a wonderful father as an example in her life.

*****
Father's Day weekend has been a whirlwind for us. We started with lunch yesterday with my Dad and step mom at Five Guys Burgers. It was really yummy and almost made up for the fact that our whole afternoon plans of going to Red Butte Gardens to picnic were foiled. Stupid rain, grumble grumble....


Addie discovered FRY SAUCE. Yup. Needless to say she LOVES it!
(Still not sure why a straw ended up being her utensil of choice to eat it, but whatev)


We continued on the culinary train right on to dinner with Jed's parents last night and also ended up eating with my parents when we all ended up at the same place. Hey, great minds think alike. Sorry, I wasn't good at taking pictures of Addie with all her grandparents this weekend.
Today, Jed got to relax and watch dude shows on TV while eating bacon and orange rolls so he was a happy man :) We were able to visit with Jed's parents last night and see mine today and also stopped at Jed's Gram and Gramp's house.


Tonight, we had the final pleasure of having our friends Van and Lori and their girls over for one last dinner and hang out night before they move. Addie and Reagan play SO cute together! Look how cute they are......they have NO idea that tonight was their last time to play for a long time....
We had some seriously yummy food too, but I totally spaced taking any pictures. So you'll have to imagine Jed's specialty "Argentine flank steak" and my homemade Asphalt Pie that rocked.

Me and Lori trying to pretend we're happy
(okay well we were happy to be hanging out, but not about saying goodbye....well see you later as we called it)

Addie and Reagan giving each other hugs before bedtime.....
Bye friends! We'll miss you all!

7 comments:

Lori said...

lets not do last night ever again, okay? that sucked. well, the night didn't but the saying goodbye part REALLY did. i'm glad Regs and Addie are too little to know any better. we'll miss you guys!!!

Netti said...

Mmmm. Fry sauce. Also one of my favorites!

Megan said...

Anna eats ketchup like it's her friggin job. Kids are so funny. Sounds like you guys had a good weekend 0 minus the good bye. I should have shown up just for the asphalt pie. Mmmmm. The rain ruined our plans this weekend too - I think the reason my small child has yet to make his debut is because he is confused and thinks it is April and not June. Hey, I know I am confused!

Amanda said...

I say we pop their tires, and hold Lor for ransom. You up for it?

Maria said...

Addie is a true Utahn! Yay for fry sauce!

C and C Young said...

I'm unmotivated---can we be friends?

Jenny said...

Cassi, OF COURSE!! You come with a bonus too...that cute little M :)