Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Seriously?

Am I really destined to only have one friend live in Utah at a time or something???

Seriously? It's pretty messed up really.

Okay, technically I have other friends. I do realize this. But, I have very few that I actually get together with on a regular basis and hang out or have play dates together.

See these cute friends?


YAY!!! They're back from Arizona for A WHOLE YEAR! I'm SOOOOO excited that my cute friend Niki and her family just moved back here after 3 years of being away at Med school. Brian is doing his 4th year rotations here, so they're here till next June! I'm looking forward to regular play dates for Addie and Lizzie and baby Charlie ( even more for Niki and I) I still see that year mark up ahead looming though......but we're not going to talk about it!

Okay, now see these cute friends??

This is my friend Lori and one of her darling girls, Reagan (who happens to be BFF with Addie)

They're MOVING away....FAR away! Atlanta, Georgia to be precise. Yaaah, so not a quick & cheap flight or road trip distance away. FAR.

I'm SO sad. Addie and Reagan play so cute together. That's always a HUGE bonus as a mom when your kids can be friends too. We could hang out and let the girls play. Win-win. Sadly, this party comes to an abrupt halt come Monday. I was in denial until tonight when I went up to help Lori with a little bit of loading up their cars with stuff to be moved. It hit me as I drove up the canyon. Crap, my friend is moving! (I know, I've known for months....but I've been not thinking about it).

Good luck Van and Lori on your new adventure!! You'll do awesome! I'm sure that you'll find friends almost as cool as the ones here. Please come back someday!

So I guess I either need to make more friends so it isn't such a tragedy when one moves away, OR I need to only make friends with people who are done with any schooling they'd like to do so there's no chance of them going away for a 3-4 year period and then some. Dang me for having such ambitious friends!

I'm open to suggestions, sympathy or peeps willing to be my friend :) LOL

9 comments:

Lori said...

ah friend, you're cute. i'll miss you too. i really appreciated your help last night. doubt our husbands could pack that suburban quite like we did. ;) i'm glad our husbands made us friends 6 years ago, yes yes I am.

don't worry, i'll be here at christmas. ;)

Melissa Rees said...

Oh how sad for you! So good that Niki is back, even though it's only for a year :( Just remember you have us forever--we're never moving again!! Hee hee...

Netti said...

Ha ha, you're so cute! I hate when my friends move away and/or even just live too many cities away for regular play time. That's why growing up kinda sucks, cause when we were little we could just run next door and it was no biggie.

Megan said...

Hey at least you aren't doubly alone! It's like fate that Niki would come back when Lori had to leave. LOL. It stinks though - this whole growing up and moving and having to make new friends. I will always be here for you. Ross is doing his masters degree via the internet ;) Granted, I may not be close - but hopefully we can still get together and play often.

Niki said...

I'll be your friend forever, even if we are far away.

The Metz Family said...

i moved back for you jenny!!!!!! i couldnt stay away from my best friend and my favorite neice... hopefully addie will want to be friends with tristan even though he is a stinky boy ;)

Jenny said...

awe thanks friends for indulging my pity party and letting me pout :)

I'm glad that I still have lots of friends around.

Maria said...

Does Niki have to go back to AZ? That's cool that they're back here for a while. When I get back I'm sure I'll be at Melissa's non-stop, so we'll hang. Even though I'll be the odd one out with the no-kid thing going on.

Jeff and Erin said...

It really stinks moving away and having to grow up :o(
I was in Utah last week and was visiting Jeff's aunt and I totally saw Jed driving home! I waved as I drove past your place :o)