Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gobble gobble

We had a very nice Thanksgiving! I hope you all did too. Jed's been very busy the past few weeks doing Christmas lights, so it was SO lovely to have a whole day with him and Addie. I made all my pies the night before (which rocked) so we got to relax in the morning until it was time to go to Jed's parents'.

We had Thanksgiving with Jed's parents, siblings, and his mom's side of the family this year. It was fun for Addie to be able to play with her cousin (well 2nd cousin?) Eden. Dawn made delicious food....mmmm I love Thanksgiving.....

Eden, Addie, Whitney and baby Tristan

Jed carving the turkey. He was proud of his "mad surgical skills" and said Preston Burke would be proud. It was a huge turkey- weighed more than our kid!

Addie's first time eating big people Thanksgiving dinner




Guys doing dishes :) love it


After we all ate, Addie and Edie wanted to play outside. What a beautiful day it was! We didn't even need coats. It was so fun watching them run around. (NO idea how kid can run around after eating....)
Addie teaching Edie to run down Papa Steve's hill.

Aunt Ashley came out to play and the girls loved it. We also played Ring around the Rosie which both girls found hilarious.


I love this holiday because it's all about family, thankfulness, and food! We finished our day by going over to my mom's and enjoying some more pie.
Then way after Addie went to bed, Kacey, Ash and I went out to venture the midnight sales......to no end since we COMPLETELY underestimated how many people would be already in line outside waiting. Still a fun adventure though!

8 comments:

Netti said...

You are a courageous woman to brave the midnight sales. I'm way too lazy for such things!

I LOVE me some thanksgiving. It really is one of the best holidays. YUM!!

PS. Loving your 30 days of thanksgiving sidebar thingy.

Lori said...

no snow? :)

I'm glad you three had an awesome thanksgiving.

can't wait to see you!

cidnym said...

We loved spendind the day with the Wellers and Bushman's! Thanksgiving rocks!!!
Eden and Addie were adorable together. Let's get them together for that play date soon.
Love ya, Cid

Megan said...

Sounds like a fantastic day - but really, how can you go wrong with a day of food, family and friends?! I love the Preston Burke comment. lol. I do miss him on that show sometimes - it was just so weird how they just wrote him off.

Any who, we need to have a get together soon. Ross keeps 'reminding' me I need to learn to make those apples and he actually suggested hanging out as a couple. What the?! This is huge for him. lol. I know the holiday season is crazy, but maybe we could find some time?

Maria said...

Looks like a yummy feast! I'm jealous of your pie-baking skills. That's something I need to learn how to do.

Jenny said...

Megan, that sounds like fun! Ha awesome that ross is wanting to socialize :) we're pretty open this week and next, so text me or something and we'll plan it.

Chelsie said...

mmm agreed, thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays too. mmmm it should come around more often

Emmy said...

I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving! By the way, I loved your 30 Days of Thanksgiving. So uplifting - what a great idea!