Monday, November 16, 2009

Some stuff I've learned the past week or so

  • I learned that there is a way to screw up No-Bake Cookies. It involves butter being measured in ounces not tablespoons and MATH, oh stupid math. I am still bitter....
  • I learned today that my new company is AWESOME and I'm so excited to have such fabulous training and innovative high tech tools at my fingertips. Wahoo!
  • I learned that Addie LOVES snow!! I also learned that her coat from last year still fits- SCORE.
  • I learned that not only does my child love Jamba Juice, she can also say it :) AND I heart our local one because they gave her and her buddy Max their very own little cups with extra in it. Kids got their own cups. We didn't have to have them use our straws. Win-Win. (sorry for the bad pic, the kids would only stand by the window)

  • Fall and Winter co-exist, sometimes even on the same tree. Love it. I actually enjoyed watching the snow fall this weekend. I'm calling this beautiful mixture of in between seasons Wautum or perhaps Finter? Either way, I'm liking it. I adore the smell in the air and knowing Thanksgiving is next week!



  • Last, but not least, oh I wish I hadn't learned THIS
    Yes, that would be my husband balancing on the edge of a rooftop just above the rain gutter, putting up Christmas lights. Oh, no worries, it's only a 20-foot high roof with rocks below....... He IS wearing a harness and brother Blake atop the roof and is supposedly keeping him from falling, buuut uhhh apparently I wasn't supposed to have stopped by to say hi at this point. Hmmm, wonder why..... (again, sorry bad pic....maybe that's for the best)

14 comments:

Maria said...

LOL! Finter. I love it!

I also hate math. It has foiled my plans so many times...

Lori said...

sounds like a packed but fun week. still weird to me that you and manda hang! (even though I basically forced you to before I moved...hahahahaha) i love that max and addie are becoming little friends. score on the jamba juice!

McBride Family said...

ha! your posts always make me smile - i love that i can hear you talking as i read. good lessons!

Unknown said...

I know don't you love it that you don't have to spend $30 bucks on a new coat...Mckay's still fits him too. Maybe I should start feeding my kids :) hehe. Oh- congrats on your new company...that should be awesome. And I agree with you on the Finter thing :)

Melissa Rees said...

I hate math too! You should contact Terry for that stuff. He's a whiz with math. That's uber scary having Jed on that tall roof!! Tell him to be careful!

Megan said...

No es bueno about the cookies. I am glad that did not stop you from eating them though ;) That is why I like you. And I like Finter - it has a good ring to it.

P.S. We used Zip Reality when we were looking for houses. I really like the way that web site is set up. Good luck to you and your new job.

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Bummer on the cookies... You are in trouble because you always make me crave yummy things that I haven't even thought about in years. Fruit pizza??
Super cute hat on little Addy. Where did you score that?
And from that pic your house looks way nice!

Amanda said...

Yay for Jamba! and ummmm scary to have your hubby that high up!

Emmy said...

Oh boy, I've screwed up the no bakes before too. Now I feel a little better that I'm not alone! Live and learn. I love Wautum and Finter - that's awesome. And I also love that Addie can say Jamba Juice. How cute! Total score on the coat fitting again! 2 out of our 4 fit again this year...Good enough - I'll take it!

McBride Family said...

hey, me again. question - the house we bought and a partially finished theater room with wiring and stuff. we are finishing the sheetrock but don't want to mess anything up and make sure wires are going where they are supposed to. is that something jed does with his company? like could he come look at it and say, yep that's good, or you need this, and then when we r done sheetrocking, finish it up for us?? let me know...

Chelsie said...

yeah! that's so sweet about the coat!! always a score! eek i'd be freaked out with the husband up that high too!! love the tree picture, only in utah

Andrea said...

Ha, ha, I love this post. Addie is so adorable, can I just tell you? What a little sweetie.

That's so scary that Jed was up on that mongo roof. I just found out yesterday that Nate has been rappelling down the boiler tower at the power plant in his rescue training this week. Yikes! Not something a wife wants to hear!

Cute, cute pics! (And I love the "finter" tree--so beautiful!)

Jenny said...

Andrea- that's scary for nate! and YOU!

Melissa, Ha NO that's NOT our house :) Jed puts lights on other peoples' houses. You know, people who can pay other people to put up their lights! :)

Janiel said...

That is the cutest little coat with her hat and mittins!