Sunday, November 1, 2009

Some October Fun

Here's what we did this week, before Halloween. I love October and I can't believe it is already over. That means Thanksgiving is coming though, which makes me very very happy. Anyway, once again I digress about the thought of food.....

Exploring in the mountains


Pumpkin Carving

Half a second after I took this, Addie gagged and almost threw up. Ha, I told her she wouldn't like it....

Addie proud of the pumpkins. She'll tell you hers says "BOO" and that it's "letters" :)



It was COLD this week, therefore I baked.
Candy Corn sugar cookies. Pretty easy and fun. I made regular sugar cookies last week and decorated them. They weren't that cute so I didn't bother with a picture- just ate them instead.

My FAVE fall treat to make. Yum!


Playdate with Megan and Anna
The girls played at Anna's then we fed them lunch there. Then Megan and I had our lunch at Red Mango. Yep, we totally had frozen yogurt for lunch. It rocked.

12 comments:

Netti said...

Can I please hire you to make me multiple yummy treats everyday for the rest of my life? Those treats look AMAZING!!!!!

cidnym said...

Addie is so big! I love seeing her standing up to the table getting into the pumpkin carving action. Even if it means tasting them! Cute, Cute!!!

I also love the thought of Thanksgiving! Isn't this time of year great? Happy Fall!!!

Niki said...

Yeah for fall, I am so glad that you guys had a fun Halloween, sad that it's over but November is fun too. Love the pumpkins so cute that she wanted to try them. Lizzie wouldn't touch the guts but she had fun helping anyway. Let's play soon if my kids ever get better. Oh I loved those sugar cookies and yes I have been craving your caramel apples save me one k.

C and C Young said...

Is it sad that I recognized you guys were at Red Mango before I read what you wrote? I think you should adopt Maddux so he isn't so treat deprived...poor kid!

Melissa Rees said...

How cute! I loved that Addie ate the frosting then gagged. K, not really, but it sounded funny! I'm so sad that we missed you at your moms!

Megan said...

Ross said you need to teach me how to make those apples because I had to fight to get to eat my half of it. Seriously. Thanks again for coming down - we had a lot of fun. I love the pumpkin carving picture - though I am glad Addie did not puke. I friggin hate cleaning up puke.

Andrea said...

Oh, that Addie! What a doll. I love that she was trying the pumpkin guts.

Darling candy corn cookies. I'm officially hungry now.

Amanda said...

So fun! You are always on the go and making fun treats. You are a super fun mom!

Jeff and Erin said...

What a fun month you all have had! Those carmel apples look so so yummy...i just might have to make some!

Janiel said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Those goodies look yummy!!

Pieces of Us said...

Those treats look DE-LICIOUS! Thanks for {not} sharing--haha just kidding =) I guess we'll just need to play so you can help me make yummy treats =)

Emmy said...

Just reading about Addie tasting the pumpkin goo almost made me gag! :) That stuff's yucky. Your pumpkins are darling - and so are your cookies. Mmmmm!