Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring is here, spring is HERE!

Spring has finally sprung! It has breathed a seriously happy and giddy breath of fresh air into our house. Addie is LOVING being able to run around outside and I thoroughly enjoy this weather. I really love this whole 70 degrees thing. LOVE. IT.

So here's what our week was full of:

Road trip to see Ashley & Ian
You can tell Addie gets a titch excited whenever we get to see her auntie Ashy. Dawn and I made the trip up on Tuesday evening and then we played all day Wednesday and came home that night. We miss Ash and loved spending time with her in her new place. Thanks guys for letting us enter your newlywed bubble and stay with you :)

Park-in' it up
Thursday was gorgeous so Whit and I decided to take the kiddos to the park. Oh how my kid loves the park. Just being outside and running around makes her so happy, and in turn me happy. Tristan like being outside and even got to have his turn on the slide with his mommy!

Um, so when did my kid get THIS big?? Not 6 months ago when we went to the park in the fall it seems like she could barely go up all the steps by herself....Now?

She found this set of steps that were the furthest apart from each other and conquered it. It was funny how concentrated she was. She was skipping the steps on the other set of stairs to get up them quickly so she could get to the slides. Oh I like her.



BABY GOATS!
Today we got to go with my mom, brothers and niece and nephew to a place nearby with lots of baby goats. They were sooo cute, I kind of wanted to take one home. I was surprised that Addie wasn't nervous around them. She had SO much fun there.

Addie: The horse and chicken whisperer....
Addie cracked me up. She kept talking to all the animals as if they could understand her. She went over to the chicken "Hi chicken! Hey chicken, come talk to me. Do you say 'bac bac bac' chicken? Oh chicken, you're silly chicken".......then went to the fence and yelled to the horse "Hi horse!! Come over here horse! Come talk to me horse and shake a paw!" (Willey, my in-laws' dog, shakes your hand with his paw)

Addie: the goat, chicken and goose chaser
"Goats, goats, goats! Come back here baby goats!" haha, ahhh poor animals were probably quite frightened. "Oh chickens...I'm gonna chase you chickens!"....."Oh gooooose! Goose, goose, goosey....don't run away goose" Um, pretty sure most animals would do the same if they saw her coming.

Baby Baby Goats....oh so dang cute. These ones were even younger and smaller and still in a pen with their mamas. I got to hold one and really did want to steal it.
Oh and if you do want a goat for real, you can buy one from these super sweet and nice people; let me know I'll get you their info.

After seeing all the animals, we headed over to the park for a picnic and some more fun in the sunshine.
My mom, aunt Sharon and Tam flew some cool kites while the kids played on the playground.

SWINGS!
I think that Addie could live on a swing. She didn't get off that thing for a half hour, and of course that was because I had to finally make her so we could leave.

Uncle Chad has some sweet skills...


After Addie crashed for awhile, we went back out to play! This day sure wasn't ending without its fair share of fun-filled adventures. We headed out to see "How to train your dragon". It was the first time I've taken Addie to a movie and she did really well! She loved the popcorn and although the movie was a little scary for her in parts, she told me afterward "I liked that movie". I think she'd be more into one that's more animated and colorful though.
We'll definitely go again with daddy! He was sad he was working all day and missed out.

7 comments:

Netti said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your Ma and Brothers! Cute family! Those baby goats look so adorable! What a freaking fun day! That sounds like my kind of fun. I loved How to Train Your Dragon. I'm glad Addie was into it too.:)

Melissa Rees said...

How did Chad do that?! And a park with swings? I must know where it is! We are loving this weather too. Let's play sometime!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

So much fun! Spring is the BEST!!

10zfam said...

wow- you are a busy girl- i too am loving this weather. we are outside almost all day-loves it

Chelsie said...

loving the weather as well, but i don't want it to get any hotter either. i love all the things she said to the animals, oh that is hilarious!!

Janiel said...

What a great weekend! That is so cute that Addie is a chicken whisper :) LOVE IT!!

Jodi and Dan said...

I agree with Netti--seeing pictures of your mom and brothers makes me miss you guys! Looks like you guys had a fun day.