Sunday, July 4, 2010

The 4th (well 3rd) of July!

We had big plans this weekend for the fourth and boy did it deliver!

Addie all ready and excited for the parade

Cherry Days Parade


Addie remembered from last weekend's parade that daddy's pockets make a great place to stash the goodies. I offered my pocket once so she wouldn't have to walk back to where Jed was, but she stuck with her system. Funny girl.
Oh how I heart cotton candy...Addie straight up rejected it.

Whit and Tristan (aka the babe) with Addie and Me


BBQ Swim Party
We enjoyed some delicious food with my family. Two of Addie's favorite things- ketchup and cupcakes!! (not together of course)


Swimming with the kids was so fun!


Gotta love it!

Cute, chubby Evan

Deacon was suspicious of the cupcakes. Don't worry, we converted him.

We sang happy birthday to Beckam....and Derek, Terry and Jed since theirs are all this month.
Darling baby Nixon


Fireworks Party
More food up at the Wellers!I made a batch of these for each party. The "K" on this one is for Kacey, her birthday was Friday. Lots of July birthdays in our families!
Tristan boy being so big!

Addie got the sparkler thing figured out this time....and wore Grammy Dawn's sweatshirt because it was a little chilly out.


Baby Evan's Blessing
We got to see this cute little guy be blessed today.

Of course we had delicious food afterwards (did I mention we ate a lot this weekend?)
Needless to say, after this weekend of fun, we ALL crashed. Addie made it about 2 mins from Terry and Melissa's in the car ride home and she was out.cold. Jed and I both crashed after we got home. Good thing we've got a day off tomorrow to recover! It was all well worth the exhaustion!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Mmm...Red Velvet Cupcakes!!!

Megan said...

All I have to say is I am super sad I missed out on the cupcake. Even if it was all smooshed. Sigh. We have been super busy too, but I have been a terrible mother and haven't taken any pictures. I need to make a resolution to be better cause I love seeing all of yours. Addie is such a cute lil' girl. Why don't we live closer so we can hang out more?!

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the holiday! I definitely need a friend/family member that has a pool. Looks like a ton of fun!

Van and Lori said...

looks like fun! you and jed are lookin all sorts of svelte in your suits, good job!

Lori said...

totally just realized i left comments as Van and Lori...random. :)

Melissa Rees said...

LOVED your cupcakes! I ate 1 big one and 2 tiny ones before bed (oink, I know) and there was still one left, but it was gone in the morning!! I tried not to freak out at Terry :) Thanks for making the dessert for the blessing! My gym also thanks you ;) PS - I stole a picture for my blog

Unknown said...

Looks like we did the same kind of things you guys did. SO FUN! Addie is ADORABLE!!! I

Janiel said...

Great 4th of July Weekend - I love that you always have cupcakes...because that is so me too :) You are looking SMOKIN' in the swimming pool!!