Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jed's 30th Birthday Extravaganza!

For Jed's 30th Birthday (aka Jed love fest) we had quite the weekend of partying! 
We went to Cowabunga Bay Water Park on Saturday- it was so. much. fun. I haven't been to a water park since oh uh high school? This one was a great family friendly place to go. Addie LOVED the lazy river and kiddie pool area and even went down the smaller "Addie-sized" slide a few times. Oh, and don't be jealous of our awesome farmer tan lines in the pictures....

Where's Blake???

totally wish I looked that cute in a swimming suit sun bathing :)



Awaiting the bucket dump

Ahhhh!
splassssh!! that water was cold!

Once we were all dry we drove over to In-N-Out to get some lunch. We found a sweet spot on the lawn next to Sweet Tooth Fair (and yes, my mom ended up getting Jed some birthday treats to take home)
Jed and his birthday burger...mmm. He always claims food tastes better when you're barefoot. I would like to add that it always tastes better outside sitting on the grass too.
What birthday party is complete without themed cupcakes?? I made these the day before....luckily took a couple of pictures before they were decimated by the heat and transportation. They didn't come out as cute as I'd hoped. I'd definitely do this theme as a cake not cupcakes if I did them again. The twinkie sharks were pretty top heavy. oh and small sidenote- the black wilton food coloring? a little goes a looong way. hence my very dark sharks rather than light grey.
Um, that's pretty much the only way he could eat the shark cupcake....they got a titch warm and got a little tricky to get out of my cupcake carrier....I was worried about that. Ah well, didn't stop him.

Birthday kisses for daddy

It was the perfect way to end our day of fun in the sun!


We had some family over on Sunday, Jed's actual birthday, for some cake. Not everyone was down with the water park....you know, especially his grandparents. Plus, really, don't you think he needed 2 parties? I sure do.
Those plates and napkins matched the invites I sent out to the water park party. Totally age appropriate.
That's a lot of candles my friend....

Happy Birthday Jed! Addie and I are SO grateful and lucky to have you in our lives. You're the bestest daddy and husband! We love you!

7 comments:

Lori said...

happy birfday jed!! so glad you're our freakin' awesome friend. 30 years!

Megan said...

I am so glad that they had the creme brule cupcakes that day. I have never tried them and I always think of you guys when I see them. It is fate they made them that day ;) I love the picture of him eating the shark cupcakes out of the carrier. Atta boy! lol. Happy Birthday!

10zfam said...

what a good wife you are. what a good husband he is to let you do that for him. love the shark cupcakes. where is that waterpark-looks fun

The Hills said...

I'm so sad we missed it. The park looks like it was a lot of fun! You're such a cute/sweet wife! Jed is lucky to have you! I just realized, while reading this, Jordan's birthday is next week and I haven't even thought about what to do. Granted, I have other things on my mind ;) but still....I should be fired from wifehood. Luc is at my Mom's for a few days so we'll have to try and play next week.

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Those shark twinkie cupcake toppers--amazing!! You rock! Happy Birthday, Jed :)

Janiel said...

You are such a great wife!! I love seeing all the cupcakes you do!
That water park is cool - where is that. Of course Utah gets all sorts of cool things when I leave it :) So excited to see you on the 7th!!

mommy princess said...

My boys are really into sharks right now so they would have loved your cupcakes. Melty or not. Holy Cow!! 30 we are getting old. Except the thing is I don't really feel that old. I feel the same as I did back in high school except maybe a bit squishier and hopefully a little smarter. Hhhhmmm... Anyway happy birthday Jed!