Monday, July 12, 2010

It was a pretty good week :)

Monday, everyone was off work for the holiday. Addie and I played with Kacey while the boys worked on "Biff" (aka the big ole suburban they inherited for free to haul giant TVs in)

We grabbed some lunch, then hit up Zurchers to get some invites for Jed's birthday party (yes, I'm an awesome wife who gets kid invites for her almost-30 husband)

Addie and Kacey tried some accessories on while there, I think it suited them nicely.
After the guys were done, we went swimming at our place then we all pounded some Big Bens from the burger bar. Good day off I think :) It was nice and chill after such a busy weekend.


Tuesday, Addie and I swung on up to Rock Spring to see Ashley and Ian
She's discovered she loves to climb! Just like her daddy...


Addie had a manicure, pedicure, silly hat time, went shopping and to Toy Story 3 again among other things. There's always a "Sleeping Beauty" pajama party with aunt Ashy too, including popcorn and skittles.

Thanks for letting us come up and play guys! Always a fun time.


Whitney and I got crafty after finding this adorable fabric the week before. I found it last week and immediately thought that it would be darling as a skirt. Whit has sewing skills and I don't really, or a machine. So she sewed a super cute skirt together for Addie. Thanks Whit!

Whooo can think of a cuter fabric? ;)
Best part? This remnant was only $2.36. We had enough for the skirt, a hair bow and still have a bit left! Love great deals.
My friend Laura showed me how to make this hair bow. Isn't it cute? Pretty simple too....just need a sewing machine. Glad I have peeps who help me do crafty stuff!
I did manage to iron on this applique by myself though. Lol, man I rock.

Addie admiring her outfit I'd admire it too. Hey, including the shirt it cost 5 bucks.

Great-aunt Teri tried to teach Addie to catch a ball on Saturday. Needless to say....she's totally my daughter. She's surprised as to why just keeping her hands there didn't make her catch it. She did catch it once though! Hey, never know I guess. She could be totally athletic someday...


The best part of our week? Our friends, Jared, Amanda and Max, were able to bring home sweet baby Connor! Their story can be read here. Let's just say, adoption is a miracle and about love!

We got to go see him last night and witness his cuteness first handDon't you LOVE all his gorgeous dark hair??
Welcome Baby Connor! You're one blessed little guy to have such an awesome family!

7 comments:

Lori said...

jealous.

Janiel said...

Great Week!! I LOVE that skirt - so darn cute!! I'm excited to come down and see you guys and do lunch and shopping or something :) Did you talk with your mom and see what day works the best for you two? If there is another day that works better let me know and I can see if I can move some things around :) YAY!!

Maria said...

Isn't Toy Story 3 so good? I loved it. That Connor is one cute baby!

Megan said...

I wish I was Addie. For reals. New outfits made for me, shopping, yummy food, mani/pedis, sleep overs. She has the life I tell you. All her stuff turned out so cute. I am impressed. And yay for the new babe/Amanda! So adorable!

Chelsie said...

i agree with megan...what a life. that bow..darling! i love it! i love the pic of her with the green hat, her eyes look gorgeous!

Amanda said...

I am sooo impressed with that darling outfit! I need you to help me to be more crafty. Yes, yes I do.
And thanks for coming to see us on Sunday and for the delish food! You guys are the best!

Andrea said...

Ooh, I need to learn how to sew so I can make my kids cute outfits for five bucks! You can't beat that.

What a sweet new baby your friends have!