Tuesday, October 14, 2008

26....gettin' up there!

Sunday was my Birthday and I turned 26. Jed's precise words to me were "Welcome to the other side"....sad. Meaning- I'm now closer to 30 than 20. Seriously.... didn't I just get out of high school? Where does the time go? Anyway.... here's a recap-

If it hadn't given me a reason to put Addie in her darling winter coat I may have been really upset about the snow on Saturday. Okay, I was still annoyed, but it helped. The last time it snowed on my birthday I was 12! Randomly though, Sunday it barely snowed and didn't stick up here, but other places got 6-12 inches! Go figure...I'm sure the skiers were mad.

So appropriate since it snowed! I got some really nice North Face snow boots for my bday, as you can see Addie liked them too. Haha, she actually thought it was cool when I put them on her because they went past her knees so she could stand all by herself in them. Silly girl.



So they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...I think it is the other way around! Jed made me delicious food all day long and they were definitely the highlights of my day! He made french toast out of french bread for breakfast- so yummy! Then made me some awesome homemade soup for dinner and ended the night with off the hook Creme Brule! Seriously, I could not ask for a better husband!

Thanks friend for making my birthday a great one! Having Addie being part of it made it the best birthday ever! Her cuddles and giggles made my day :)

Oh, so here are Addie's stats from her doctor appointment today...they made her get her thumb pricked in addition to 2 shots today. NOT FUN. She was sobbing with tears streaming down her face- so sad! The shots are over in 2 seconds. This guy squeezed every drop of blood out of her thumb for 5 minutes- poor girl :(

Height- 27 inches 45% Weight- 18.5 lbs 50%

10 comments:

C and C Young said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for helping me realize I will also be an old maid in January. I hadn't thought of 26 being closer to 30---sad.

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday! Good job for the spoils, Jed. I am glad you had a good birthday.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a fabulous day and got spoiled. It's only what you deserve! Addie is such a doll - with every post I think she should be a baby model more and more. Even though you are 26 - we are all further away from 30 than our husbands - you remind Jed of that! ;)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Happy Birthday to you! That winter coat is so adorable!!! What a nice husband you have and he can't give you too much slack cause he is always older.

Niki said...

I am a really bad friend for not remembering your Birthday. So Happy Birthday and we need to go out to lunch when I get there k. Jed is so cute you are so lucky to have both of them. Life is pretty good huh!

mph said...

Cousin Jenny!!! How are you??!! Cute blog. I would love to invite you to ours if I have your email address. My email is mshard@qwest.net. If you email me your email address, I can send you an invite to our blog. Cute blog!!!! Cute cute cute Addison!!!! She is so dang adorable!! You look gorgeous!!! It has been a LONG time since we have seen you. Good to see you are doing well.
Love, Sarah Harding (Matt's wife)

Lori said...

Happy birthday, friend! I'm glad you let me know you were turning 26 rather than 25, you totally wouldn't have hit the "other side" til next year in my head. :)

thanks for all your help this last week. and I'm all about your birthday anytime, triple chocolate mousse cake... yesssss.

heather bing said...

Happy Birthday! Aren't good husbands the best! I'm glad he made your b-day a good one! Addie is so dang cute!

mlewrkmn said...

Okay I know I've said this before, but seriously...could Addie be any more beautiful? She is so sweet too. I love you guys. Jed is a good hubby

Netti said...

I didn't ever comment on this?? I am a jerk!! I meant to. (Sometimes I comment in my head and then I think that I commented for real but it was just in my head, I hate when I do that!) So Happy belated birthday my dear cousin!!