Sunday, October 5, 2008

3 Reasons I LOVE October!

Okay, other than my birthday and Halloween, which are definetely favorites- these 3 things I look forward to all year long!

Beautiful leaves all around me! I literally took this through my windshield driving up the divide the other day. I love the gorgeous colors and cool weather that comes with them.


Fall Session of General Conference- seriously doesn't get much better than this- sitting in my sweats, watching Addie play with her toys, smelling blueberry muffins, looking out my windows to beautiful views and hearing the choir singing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" in nothing less than 5.1 digital surround sound. Jed says that the Lord intended us to hear conference this way.

Conference, especially fall conference usually lends itself to baking some sort of delicious treat as well. Last night after conference, I made Navajo Tacos and scones with honey butter.....Mmmmmm. Van and Lori came over with their kids for dinner and while the guys went to Priesthood, we made these bad boys......


That's right my friends, it's that time of year again. For those of you who gladly pay $5 an apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for the "Apple Pie" Caramel Apples, go right ahead- they're worth it. Lori and I made our own though! I showed Lori the "right" way to make caramel apples. She's going to move and have to make them without me next year, so good thing she's got it down now.

4 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Amen! That all sounds so wonderful. Isn't it so relaxing to watch your kid play. I just love it. Those treats don't look bad either. YUM!

Megan said...

I love the fall too. That picture is awesome - both of the changing leaves and of the apple ;) I think we need to have a get together so you could teach me how to make those cause they are my fave treat at RMCF. Who cares if I am not moving away like Lori?! This is an important lesson I NEED to learn!

Lori said...

Sooooo glad you finally taught me how to make those. We've been snarfing our left over apples today and I keep thinking "hold off Lori, you don't need to make them again TOMORROW." hee hee. thanks for the secret recipe. :)

I'm proud of Addie, way to go!

Netti said...

I can now claim Martha Stewart as my cousin...in the form of Jenny of course. I love that you can make such delicious treats! I aspire to be like you!!

I love October too! It is one of my favorite months...for sure!